Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently dropped my GSX-R750 from a standstill as I made a rookie mistake and didn't have the kickstand completely out. It was only down for about 15 seconds before I picked it up. It did kill the engine when it fell. However when I went to start it back up nothing happened. When the key is turned the lights come on, there is no CHEC symbol being displayed, and the fuel pump primes when I engage the kill switch. But once I push the starter button nothing happens, not a sound or anything. I checked the kickstand and the clutch and everything is in working order. The battery is good so I'm not sure what the issue is. Can someone help? Thank you

·
Registered
31 Posts
Theres a possibility you damaged the R/R assuming you dropped It on the kickstand side. Make sure the bike is in neutral, with clutch in and try and start it. If that doesnt work, try jumping it and seeing if it starts. If it does, you most likely damaged the regulator/rectifier.

·
Super Moderator
9,725 Posts
I recently dropped my GSX-R750 from a standstill as I made a rookie mistake and didn't have the kickstand completely out. It was only down for about 15 seconds before I picked it up. It did kill the engine when it fell. However when I went to start it back up nothing happened. When the key is turned the lights come on, there is no CHEC symbol being displayed, and the fuel pump primes when I engage the kill switch. But once I push the starter button nothing happens, not a sound or anything. I checked the kickstand and the clutch and everything is in working order. The battery is good so I'm not sure what the issue is. Can someone help? Thank you
Welcome.

The most likely cause since you dropped it on the left side, and everything is fine except the starter will to crank the engine, is that that you bent or disturbed the clutch lever and now the clutch safety switch is not being fully released.

Look under the clutch pivot bolt for the clutch safety switch. There is a plunger that should be fully released when you have the lever pulled back.

The R/R would not be the cause. You can unplug the R/R totally and the bike will start and run just fine till the battery goes dead.

Reactions: Primo1 and Spyder13
1 - 3 of 3 Posts