Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a gsx-r 1000 2005 .. my bike was stolen. When I got my bike back the harness was ruined. I took the harness and matched color to color. Had an issue with the anti thrift. Code 42. And code 23. Now I have a lot of codes showing up since I fixed the anti thrift with a resistor. I really am wanting to make this harness work.. it's a challenge.. now when I pull codes I get 23 29 31 46.. no way those could be bad. Any ideas on how to find problem. Without buying a harness..​

·
Super Moderator
9,528 Posts
Hi. I have a gsx-r 1000 2005 .. my bike was stolen. When I got my bike back the harness was ruined. I took the harness and matched color to color. Had an issue with the anti thrift. Code 42. And code 23. Now I have a lot of codes showing up since I fixed the anti thrift with a resistor. I really am wanting to make this harness work.. it's a challenge.. now when I pull codes I get 23 29 31 46.. no way those could be bad. Any ideas on how to find problem. Without buying a harness..​
Welcome.

Hopefully you have a wiring diagram. I think all those sensors share a Black/Brown striped wire which I think is the ground. That is the best clue I can give you. Good luck.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
520 Posts
^"anti thrift"? This ain't no econo-bike.

A common scenario is that people disconnect the wrong B/Br when disabling the EXCVA and all those errors appear. That may have something to do with your problem. Pin 29 is sensors ground while pin 42 is for the EXCVA. It might also be associated with pin 11, Red, sensors power (5V). You can check it at the Suzuki Access Port.

A color wiring diagram is available.

Thieves commonly mess up the harness wiring as part of jimmying the ignition switch. If that's the extent of your damage, a repair is feasible. However a new harness may be the best route if the damage is more widespread. Unfortunately the used harnesses on ebay are commonly hacked up, though with some effort they can be a source of leads to repair an existing harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts