Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a problem with my 2005 GSXR 1000. It has been overheating getting to a temp of about 250. I do belive my fan is kicking on. There have been two accidents the first was it feel over broke the brake handle and some anti freeze leaked out less than half a cup shortly after a stick got caught up in there. When we sit at a red light it got all the way up to 250. I was trying to figure out what might be the problem. We have not checked the amount of anti freeze and have not made sure the fan works but we think we hear it kick on. What would happen to it at worst overheating to 250 that is the main concern incase it happens again or another problem comes up.
thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have been having a problem with my 2005 GSXR 1000. It has been overheating getting to a temp of about 250. I do belive my fan is kicking on. There have been two accidents the first was it feel over broke the brake handle and some anti freeze leaked out less than half a cup shortly after a stick got caught up in there. When we sit at a red light it got all the way up to 250. I was trying to figure out what might be the problem. We have not checked the amount of anti freeze and have not made sure the fan works but we think we hear it kick on. What would happen to it at worst overheating to 250 that is the main concern incase it happens again or another problem comes up.
thanks

I would check the level in the overflow when the bike is cold, and also check the radiator to make sure you can see fluid in it. If you dont it is low even when its cold.
I would top it off, leave the radiator cap off and start the bike. Let it start to get warm. watch the fluid level, if it start to drop in the radiator add some. It will also allow you to see if the fan os working. This will help bleed the system and remove air if it is there.
Another thing that I have done is before topping the coolant all the way, add a water wetter. I use Hyper lube I find it works much better. It comes in a 12 or 16 oz plastic container, it has a flourescent green color to it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
thanks
The worst that could happen is you could cook the motor, crack the head, engines are expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.