Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day i have a 2004 gsxr 750 and i am on my secound year of track now i have the full suspention tune i am looki g for some upgrade
Quick shift ( event power commender kit ) and brake master cilylinder
Any sujestion from experence ?

Big thanks for the help

Tim

· Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Good day i have a 2004 gsxr 750 and i am on my secound year of track now i have the full suspention tune i am looki g for some upgrade
Quick shift ( event power commender kit ) and brake master cilylinder
Any sujestion from experence ?

Big thanks for the help

Tim
For a QS I would look for a reputable brand. Translogic is my personal favorite but you can always go for the Power Commander version if you’re going that route anyway. They have an add on unit you can use with the Power Comm.

Brake MC the same goes for that. I have a Brembo RCS17 but that is to match my calipers. You can’t go wrong with a 19x18 MK2 for the track. They’re able to be rebuilt if they’re badly damaged in a crash.

· Administrator
12,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've run the Bazzaz with QS for four years or so and it has been a solid, one box, unit that does fueling, ignition and the QS without extra add ons (boxes). Combined with going to GP shift, it is one of the most fun things I did to the bike. It probably did not make me faster (more a rider issue :p) but it sure was entertaining and made so much more sense shifting as you came out of a corner.

This my priority list.
Tires,
You mentioned you had the suspension set up.
Did they confirm that the springs you had were correct for your weight?
Have the forks been serviced recently?
Have you tried some other brake pads? Veshra RJLs have been my favorite but there are lots of EBC fans.
Braided front brake lines and fresh fluid.

After these, I'd spend my money on a track school.

Reactions: Lacadien

· Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
3,759 Posts
R1 monoblock brake calipers (you do have to have some light machining done to make them fit), and a Brembo master cylinder. The stock brakes are trash and you'll be amazed at the difference. I have the powercommander QS on my bike and it doesn't do well when it gets wet. But, has worked very well for a number of years. Other than that, you get into suspension internals. But brakes will make the biggest difference for the least money.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I've run the Bazzaz with QS for four years or so and it has been a solid, one box, unit that does fueling, ignition and the QS without extra add ons (boxes). Combined with going to GP shift, it is one of the most fun things I did to the bike. It probably did not make me faster (more a rider issue :p) but it sure was entertaining and made so much more sense shifting as you came out of a corner.

This my priority list.
Tires,
Have you tried some other brake pads? Veshra RJLs have been my favorite but there are lots of EBC fans.

for surpention are fronmt and back gold bval with spring to my wheighgt with equipement
my brake line are braded adn i will be running 5.1 dot in it so i need to bleed it this year any way i may well do the master cylinder too
i will be looking at this set up for sure is it a plug and play ? or need to be dyno?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
R1 monoblock brake calipers (you do have to have some light machining done to make them fit), and a Brembo master cylinder. The stock brakes are trash and you'll be amazed at the difference. I have the powercommander QS on my bike and it doesn't do well when it gets wet. But, has worked very well for a number of years. Other than that, you get into suspension internals. But brakes will make the biggest difference for the least money.

awsome
all the internal are race tech and spring to my weight so i am at this point to change somthing else

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when you say light machining what is it on the bolt pattern or on the caliper it self?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum.

This my priority list.
Tires,

i look online and it seem like they dont do bazzaz for 2004 750 :(

· Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
3,759 Posts
The mating surface for the caliper to the fork needs to be machined down. Bolt spacing, etc. is all good. Took my local machine shop less than 20 mins. Here's mine. You can see the machined surface. If you're serious about doing this upgrade, I'll take a measurement. You'll be able to measure the stock one and know how much to tell the machinist to take off. And yes, it has to be machined. Do not do try do do this with a grinder. If you have a drill press, you might be able to do it yourself, but it's worth it to have it done right.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

· Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2nd set of calipers at the machine shop right now. Should get them back this week. I am having 5mm removed. I alreay have the r6 calipers on my track bike. These are for the street bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts