Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the pictures are out now of the 2005 bikes,but what do you think of the 2005 GSXR,to me they still look the the top bike they always done,just the exhaust side of things seem to let it down tho IMEO...other than that well done to Suzuki again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Personally IMO I think the o5 gixxer is just damn hot man.. Lightened up by like 20 lbs and added like 20 more HP. they did a great job on the body I think too.. I liked that can as well.. There are a lot of people that have said the can looks like crap but I think it is pretty cool and it is different from the normal can you see aftermarket or even stock.

I am thinkin I might throw my bike back together and sell it off to get the 05 in march.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I read up on it. They did lighten the bike and they did add more HP.. Let me find the specs on it and I will post it up here for ya.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
they wouldn't build a new one if it didn't make more hp and weighed less but it didn't gain that much and didn't lose that much weight...

all of the specs you will hear about aren't real...

hp they are based on to the crank (which means nothing)
and the weight is based on no fluids or anything in the bike (which means nothing)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yea I put my foot in my mouth on this one I went and re read up on Suzuki's own site and it only lost 5 lbs Dry weight. It didnt even put up the HP on the site at all.. They did lighten it up a bit and did add more cc's. I am trying to find a more comprehensive spec chart on the 05 so when I find one I will post up what I find.. I want to find the HP and Tourqe difference between the 2.

05 gsxr 1000 specs from Suzuki

Engine: 998.6cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC
Bore Stroke: 73.4 x 59.0mm
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Ignition: Digital/transistorized
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2030mm (80.0 in.)
Overall Width: 710mm (28.0 in.)
Overall Height: 1130mm (44.5 in.)
Seat Height: 810mm (31.9 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1405mm (55.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 166 kg (365 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil-damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17
Tires Rear: 190/50-ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 18 liter (4.8 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Black/Gray, Black/Yellow

04 Gsxr 1000 specs from suzuki

Engine: 988cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC
Bore Stroke: 73.0 x 59.0mm
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Ignition: Digital/transistorized
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2045mm (80.5 in.)
Overall Width: 715mm (28.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1135mm (44.6 in.)
Seat Height: 830mm (32.3 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1410mm (55.5 in.)
Dry Weight: 168 kg (370 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil-damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17
Tires Rear: 190/50-ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 18 liter (4.8 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Gry/Black

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i could care less what it says on a paper, i want the bike that feels light and the bike that feels fast, if i were buyin a 1k i wouldn't care about peak hp anyway, 1st gear goes to what? 100mph or so, so basically you would hit peak hp at like 80-85 mph (i would assume, not sure how much over rev is on it)

the reason i would buy a gsxr1k is cause its the only 1k sportbike that has some torque, and the others are geared to much for track

realistically i wouldn't doubt it if it had an extra 5 rwhp and lost 5 pounds..
but even with it only losing 5 pounds, it could still feel alot lighter because of the way they put the weight on the bike...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes my 04 hits like 98 mph in first gear at redline or so. The bike is hella light and can be flicked around like a 600 pretty much. I love this bike its a blast to throw around and hit the twisties with. I just couldnt believe the weight difference I noticed between my old 750 and my new 1000. It is just unreal. I have sat on the honda 1000rr's and the Zx10 and the new R1's the Gixxer and the R1 are the ones I felt the most comfortable on and I felt they were just about as light as each other.. I had liked the looks of both bikes the best out of all the liter bikes. It came down to the size of the windscreen on the gixxer cause it was bigger and I could duck under it better. I am 6'4" so it is kinda hard for me to find a bike that I can fit on, and feel comfortable on. The Cbr1000rr had a Plank of plywood for a seat. I really just didnt like the feel of the zx10 when I sat on it. I loved the look of the R1 all exept the damn windscreen beeing so small. The gixxer I didnt like the head light too much but It has grown on me and it wouldnt look right with a different light set up on it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i can't buy an 05' 1K...i'm not hating but that thing took a turn for the worst, i mean damn if u look at it from the back it has the rear end of a car...atleast it's finally available in yellow....gonna keep my alstare and pick me up a new 750 :thumbup:

and don't start bussin my chops cause i don't like it...theres a lot of peeps who don't and i'll just wait for the next gen. of 1k's, i'm just happy Mladin got the TITLE :clap:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeh im going to stick with my 750 srad at the mo.....she's just to good at the mo :thumbup:
But the 05 gixxer looks the biz to tho.....not enough for me to run out and order 1 tho sorry :cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
i can't buy an 05' 1K...i'm not hating but that thing took a turn for the worst, i mean damn if u look at it from the back it has the rear end of a car...atleast it's finally available in yellow....gonna keep my alstare and pick me up a new 750 :thumbup:

and don't start bussin my chops cause i don't like it...theres a lot of peeps who don't and i'll just wait for the next gen. of 1k's, i'm just happy Mladin got the TITLE :clap:

Your not alone krum, I'm glad I got my '04, I really think that the performane is the only thing saving the '05, really don't like the look. :headshake Oh yeah and....... GO MLADIN!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts

you cant really judge the 05 until they actually show it. it will first appear in teh bike show in vegas i think then ny and dc. Suzuki is still working the design. There are things on that bike that just wont sell. like the turn signal mirrors. if i was to decide just by looking at the pictures i wouldnt buy it. Anyway, i myself have the mladin gixxer 1000. picture will be posted soon. i luv my bike.

live fast ride hard

·
Registered
543 Posts
yup i was thinking about buying an 04 1K before there gone, still got a good few months left. thats probably what i'll do. that 04 is one bad motha. FUNK-suzuki did show the finished product thers pics of it on the forum and all of the new stuff it comes with.

·
Registered
532 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
yup i was thinking about buying an 04 1K before there gone, still got a good few months left. thats probably what i'll do. that 04 is one bad motha. FUNK-suzuki did show the finished product thers pics of it on the forum and all of the new stuff it comes with.
I absolutely love my '04, but they are selling out fast. I think that the two shops closest to me are already out of them.

·
Registered
543 Posts
the shops down here should have them until early march, so i got some time to play with.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm with Krumm on the new bike as of now, I hated the new '03's when they came out and now i wouldn't take anything for my 03 1k. GO MAD MAT!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts