Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am a new GSXR rider and I love this bike more and more every time I ride. I had wanted this bike for so long but money and experience were what stopped me from having it. I was expecting too much and the bike gave even more than I expected, there are no words other than perfection. I am looking for a new exhaust, slip on for now, not sure if I want a full system exhaust. Here is my bike:

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great looking bike!

Reactions: Zeksius

·
Mod of the North
29,974 Posts
Great looking bike Sir. Welcome. How are the roads there? By the look of the trees I am guessing you have some good riding?

Reactions: Zeksius

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much. The roads are more or less, mostly good. Pictures are taken on the mountain road which is really great, with views, curves, everything that you need, it is my favorite. Also, these kinds of roads are not that crowded with cars. Where do you guys usually ride?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Thank you very much. The roads are more or less, mostly good. Pictures are taken on the mountain road which is really great, with views, curves, everything that you need, it is my favorite. Also, these kinds of roads are not that crowded with cars. Where do you guys usually ride?
Sounds like you’ve got an excellent place to ride. Currently I’m stuck riding dirt bikes on my 18ha property or the neighboring 120ha property. I’d much rather be back on a proper bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like you’ve got an excellent place to ride. Currently I’m stuck riding dirt bikes on my 18ha property or the neighboring 120ha property. I’d much rather be back on a proper bike.
I had the same idea, to make some kind of small track for dirt bikes, that looks like so much fun to me. Here we also have part of the road which was used as a racing track, outside of that events it is a regular road but still we ride there sometimes. It is a wide road and there are some parts of that road without traffic, those parts were used only as part of the track, it is fun riding there.

·
Mod of the North
29,974 Posts
I am in Niagara Falls Canada. This is farm land so very flat and mostly long straight roads. It is very boring. Anything with curves on it is packed with tourists.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am in Niagara Falls Canada. This is farm land so very flat and mostly long straight roads. It is very boring. Anything with curves on it is packed with tourists.
Yesterday I was on the flat road, it is really nice if the view is nice, fields and a bit of tree.
What kind of exhaust do you guys have? I was so close to buying Akrapovic slip-on, but on youtube when I saw videos, it sounded like the stock exhaust, just a bit louder and more profound, nothing special. That was a bit of turnover for me, maybe the video can't capture the sound but I was expecting something more aggressive and exhaust cracks while downshifting...

·
Mod of the North
29,974 Posts
Yoshimura worked closely with Suzuki and made a nice exhaust. Akropovic is also a good one. It may have been the video. A slip on will change the sound but not as much a a full exhaust which includes headers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yoshimura worked closely with Suzuki and made a nice exhaust. Akropovic is also a good one. It may have been the video. A slip on will change the sound but not as much a a full exhaust which includes headers.
I heard the same thing about Yoshimura and honestly, it sounds better on GSX-R than Akrapovic. Problem is that I can't find official dealer for Yoshimura, there was one second hand R77 slipon, but I was not satisfied with the condition. Also, I am thinking that maybe I will change my mind, so if I buy Arkapovic slipon now and decide to go full system, I can easily buy the rest of Akrapovic equipment, while I can't do that for other brands...Idk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts