Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got back from a ride and the indicators began flashing quick near the end. I've had the bike for about 6 months. I've checked all the lights and they work fine so it seems weird all of the indicators flahsing quick weather it's turning the hazards on or just indicating. I've had a look at the flasher and can hear It clicking with no obvious issues and I've checked quite a few of the wires and can't seem to find what's wrong. A picture of the flasher is attached i searched it up and Google was matching Yamaha scooter flashers. If it is the wrong one howcome it was working before fine and should I replace it anyway? Cheers to anyone who might now whqt could be wrong!
20200625_115934.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,755 Posts
From the factory, the blinker relay is built into the fuse box along with side stand relay. Someone has wired in a replacement.

So it was blinking normally and then just started blinking fast out of the blue?

Are there LED blinkers on the bike?

Reactions: Roadrash08

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well the was an after market alarm system fitted and wired into the system when I purchased it. It beeped every time the indicators flashed. I had it removed around 2 months ago but it has been fine since then until today when part way through the ride they began to blink fast. The original flasher is still located next to the fuse box. They are not LED indicators they are standard bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
8,755 Posts
As you alluded to, they usually flash when the load on the flasher is low due to a bulb being out. That is why LEDs cause fast flashing. I was hoping they were LED and an added resistor became disconnected.

I'm out of guesses beyond replacing the flasher but I have no idea if that would fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As you alluded to, they usually flash when the load on the flasher is low due to a bulb being out. That is why LEDs cause fast flashing. I was hoping they were LED and an added resistor became disconnected.

I'm out of guesses beyond replacing the flasher but I have no idea if that would fix it.
I found out an after market flasher has been added in maybe as part of the previous alarm system?

I've got an electrician to wire up the orignal flasher to see if it solves the issue ill post again with the result!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts