Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've posted here before but I haven't been able to link my old account to my new one. Anyways, when I bought my 2008 gsxr 600 it came with a aftermarket ignition which had a couple wires that weren't labeled on the factory wiring diagram. Believe it or not when I first got the bike a couple hours later the ignition switch fails leaving me the only option of replacing it. I ended up replacing with an OEM ignition but ever since I've had a Steering damper light (SD) light flash on the dash, yes it does have an ohlins steering damper too. Question is, does anyone know if people hook up the steering damper a to a wire coming off the ignition switch? I was under the assumption most use a ohlins plug in spoofer.

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
The factory damper is controlled and only wired to the ECM as far as I know. Ohlins usually supplies a dongle to fool the ECM to think the OEM damper is still there. I guess you are calling it a spoofer.

Since the light shows up occasionally,you might check the plug and wiring to the dongle for breaks.

BTW, a low charging voltage will also trigger the SD light so you might check the charging voltage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts