Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! im been trying to find a restrictor kit for my SRAD 1999 and for the life of me, cannot find one. So ive come to the conclusion that i will make the washers myself. i found a forum from 07 and someone had put that the washer you need to make is 40mm outer diameter with 13mm inner diameter. Could anyone confirm this?? or tell me the diameter of the inlet mainfold on the SRAD? all the best Hayden!

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with this but I'm guessing this is part of the power limit for licenses in the UK?

The US has never dealt with this so I would talk to some of the smaller maintenance shops near you as they should have an idea what it takes to make it compliant.

Just a thought, but when they brought some of the Aprilia models into the US, entry was much easier if it was less than 35hp as I remember. They put a washer in the exhaust pipe and a limiter on the throttle valve travel. Of course, every bike had that shit taken out right after the sale to yield the 72 hp potential.

Limiting your throttle movement may be acceptable.

· Registered
1998 Gsxr 600
50 Posts
Are you trying to restrict it under the A2 law? I ask, as I'm nearly positive your not allowed to restrict your bike by more than 50% to achieve the legal limit of 47bhp or 35kw and the 600 is 95 bhp = 47.5 bhp. I get it's a tiny insignificant difference, but dem are da rules. 😒. But on the other hand, if I'm wrong and talking out of my arse, please let me know. Good luck either way . P.s you don't have a relative know as Seb do you by any chance 🤔

1 - 4 of 4 Posts