Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 gixxer 750 I bought this summer and havent had the chance to take it to the track. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they or people they know have run in the 1/4.
My bike came with a K&N air filter and a full yoshi exhaust. I also went up 4 teeth on the rear sprocket so if anyone knows how much that will effect my time it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
the best I got on my girls 98 750 was 11.3 but that was with a full M-4 and airbox mod and no Powercommander to richen it up as on the top end I needed it and Down low I needed it. All stock gearing etc etc. Now Its hard to actually know what you would run just because it depends on your riding level and exp. If 1st time I could see you pulling low 12's or so.
Magazines have the 750 running 10.8 or so but most of the times published is actually corrected by elevation yada yada. Good luck

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
audi1031 said:
Now Its hard to actually know what you would run just because it depends on your riding level and exp.
Thats the key right there, it doesn't matter how much power your bike has, if you can ride it then your times are going to suck. I've beaten a TL and a busa while on a F4i. and I also beat a Zx-10r on my GSXR, and the gsxr is underpowered, but it was all rider skill.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
skibum91 said:
Thats the key right there, it doesn't matter how much power your bike has, if you can ride it then your times are going to suck. I've beaten a TL and a busa while on a F4i. and I also beat a Zx-10r on my GSXR, and the gsxr is underpowered, but it was all rider skill.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :laughingr

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
97 gsxr 750

i have a 97 gsxr 750
best time was 10.2 in 1/4
took me a while.
got motor work, gearing
end of last summer i threw a strap across the neck
that's where i dropped alot of time
i felt a little brave after i dropped to 10.2, from 11.0
i also change the sprocket when i dropped that much.
but anyway, i usually come out about 8to9000rpm
well i went out higher and she still stands right up.
learned that lesson!! Hey i am still learning!!!!
but it was fun though. still had control
didn't panick!! still ran 11.1 with standing it up at the gate!!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
sprocket change - one at least and alot of experience in the rider seat (practice)Oh yeah lower and strap from forks

·
Registered
642 Posts
9.99 on 750

Got2josh said:
what mods would it take to bring a 00 750 into the 9.99- range?

Umm.... well if you are at the track and running 9.99 on a NRHA sanctioned track, you will need to take a physical and pass it at 9.99 or faster on three seperate runs. My roomate has a 750 and at 2500 ft he is running 125 @ 11.4. I would suggest strap it, nos, gears and a 200mph tailwind to hit 9.99 :) unless you are at sea level then you might have more luck. Or you could spend 4 grand + for a turbo and extensions and piggy back computers with some piggy back fuel pumps :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
well, it's an 00 750 with a full yosh rs-3, and I'm gonna throw a K&N filter on there, tre, and get a PCII , probably a custom map for that. And it's dropped one tooth in the front.
And I'm in mass, only like 1/2 hour from the coast so I'm pretty close to sea level.
Would these mods be enough with a good rider?
Also, I hear about "strapping" but I'm not exactly sure what that is. Does it keep the forks compressed or something?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Strapping

Strapping takes a bolt from each of your front calipers and goes over infront of your tank and behind the tripple fork. It is kind of like a tie down for trailering a vehicle, well not kinda .. it is. You can buy straps online for around 24.00 bucks in a variety of colors so you look Kustom. When you strap your bike you should ahve a friend to pull up on the strap as you sit on the bike and compress your forks. This way your forks will be lowered a couple of inches so you can launch at a higher rpm without landing on your back. Some things to consider if you're doing this:

1) Grab an old sock to put on your frame so you don't rub off the rubber piece below your tripple fork

2) Know ahead of time that you won't be able to turn worth a shit... so don't try doing this before you head out to the track. Slow way down before turning at the end of the strip.

3) You will need to launch at a higher rpm then you are probably used to. The bike is going to need a larger preload on the engine or your 60ft will be really high.

This is a link to one of the sites that carries straps... check it out if you want to see what they look like

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2744216&showprevnext=1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.