Registered
1,145 Posts
Yup a gasket does indeed go there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, thanks.

This is a close up of where the fumes are coming out. Its rock solid and looks to me like it should be there. Actually, a gasket wouldn't stop the fumes coming out here as it would sit the other side of the collar (see pic) Should there be fumes coming out of here???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
there should be a thin metal gasket. btw i thought the aniversary edition came with a black can. thats kinda cool how it came with that yoshi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there should be a thin metal gasket. btw i thought the aniversary edition came with a black can. thats kinda cool how it came with that yoshi
yeah, it comes with 2 x exhausts - the black one as well.

So, does anybody else have exhaust fumes coming out the side as my pic. I will put the gasket on, but thats another 1cm up on top of the collar. The fumes come out a bit further down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did you drop the bike on this side? I have seen this problem before, but I cant remember if the person "bent" the two outer tabs forward so the flanges sat flush again or if he bought a new mid-pipe. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Did you drop the bike on this side? I have seen this problem before, but I cant remember if the person "bent" the two outer tabs forward so the flanges sat flush again or if he bought a new mid-pipe. Good Luck.
that may have happened but it doesnt look like his can is scraped up, unless he layed it down with a different can on at the time...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, its never been dropped.

I've just swapped the can over for the black one and no leaks from the 'gap' which is probably not a gap at all.

Looks like its all down the gasket, I've got one coming in the next days or so.

If only the rain would stop in England!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.