Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up to 1833 miles, since Feb 15, 2019 the day she was picked up from the dealer's warehouse, uncrated, prepped & delivered to lil 'ol moi.

Abysmal ride time I know but it has been raining a lot (!strangely coinciding with my days off grrrrfffuk!)

But back to foRUM topic...Ecstar r9000 full synthetic ordered and soon to be delivered w/new filter & crush-washer.

Still using Ecstar r5000 mineral oil thru the first 2,500 miles. Will do r5000 again @ 2,000 then change to full synthetic @ 2,500

When the warranty expires @ 12 months, prolly gonna go to Mobil 1 4T full-synthetic JASO MA2 but wanna finish warranty with 'zuki's recommended Ecstar ('zuki said they guarantee it lol).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I bought the bike and unfortunately hit the unemployment line so I soaked that up for about 6 months and road the shit out of it. So ya I’d say it’s true it had 1950 when I bought it I still ride all the dang time lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
i didn't see anywhere acstar catalog where is recommendations on models . i think best will be a R9000 full syntetic for L5 ? now i'm using Motul 7100 10w-40 .

and why you want to change oil after warranty end s ??? it's not much expensive i think ...

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didn't see anywhere acstar catalog where is recommendations on models . i think best will be a R9000 full syntetic for L5 ? now i'm using Motul 7100 10w-40 .

and why you want to change oil after warranty end s ??? it's not much expensive i think ...
If you want full synthetic Ecstar then yes the R9000 is what you want. R5000 is conventional mineral oil and R7000 is the semi-synthetic blend. I am almost to 2500 miles (4023 km) and have the R9000 to put in. Have been using the R5000 until now.

Nobody around here sells Ecstar so I have to order it online and pay extra for shipping. Motul and Mobile motorcycle oil is just as good and can be bought in a lot of local stores. Rotella T6 is also a good choice. I am only using Ecstar during the warranty period to take away any excuse some local Suzuki dealer might try to use to not honor the warranty if it is needed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes , same situation in my country no ecstar products at all . must order online from ebay . best choise here is motul , so i use it in all my motorcycle , change every 3000 km .

one question - when your bike is under warranty , they change oil filter after 2 oil change , like in manual ? or change it every oil change ?

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes , same situation in my country no ecstar products at all . must order online from ebay . best choise here is motul , so i use it in all my motorcycle , change every 3000 km .

one question - when your bike is under warranty , they change oil filter after 2 oil change , like in manual ? or change it every oil change ?
The warranty does not pay for maintenance items like oil & filter changes, tire wear or chain & sprocket wear. But for the warranty to be good for things like engine repair, oil and filter changes and other periodic maintenance must be done at least as often as specified by the maintenance schedule in the manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts