Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i just want to say what's up? I'm another new member here and will hopefully join the GsxR family soon. I'm looking at a used 03 GsxR 750 from a dealership. It's in really good condition no scratches whatsoever, 2800 miles, beautiful blue and white. I wanted to hear the bike run so they put a battery in it because it's been sitting for approx. 3 months and it fired right up but I noticed a slight ticking noise and was told that it's the clutch and is "normal". now I'm not sure if this is a normal thing and does it eventually go away after some wear? I also talked to a couple yamaha guys and they're R1 also make this clutch noise. Do any of you guys experience this or is they're just something wrong with this bike? I appreciate any help thanks

MIZ

·
Registered
23 Posts
MIZ said:
first i just want to say what's up? I'm another new member here and will hopefully join the GsxR family soon. I'm looking at a used 03 GsxR 750 from a dealership. It's in really good condition no scratches whatsoever, 2800 miles, beautiful blue and white. I wanted to hear the bike run so they put a battery in it because it's been sitting for approx. 3 months and it fired right up but I noticed a slight ticking noise and was told that it's the clutch and is "normal". now I'm not sure if this is a normal thing and does it eventually go away after some wear? I also talked to a couple yamaha guys and they're R1 also make this clutch noise. Do any of you guys experience this or is they're just something wrong with this bike? I appreciate any help thanks

MIZ
it is not normal i have one gsxr and check up your clutch soon!

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
gsxr100002 said:
it is not normal i have one gsxr and check up your clutch soon!
A ticking noise is very normal on motorcycles. A lot of motorcycles have some valve chatter when they aren't warmed up. That very well could be what it was and it was just the salesman talking out his ass telling you it was from the clutch. But it most likely was a normal sound.

·
Registered
311 Posts
:thumbup: A little ticking here and there is o.k.--- smoke rolling outta the pipe and loud banging/smacking coming from the motor BAD! :lol: seriously, my 01' 750 does it sometimes on start up (actually it does it quite often) but once she's warm and the fluids are churnin' everything is gravy! good luck! P.S.- i'd check the motor for leaks, the frame and subframe for damage and the rims for them little "pavement" dents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.