9,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill start :bounce

couple dif rigs ive had

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
srad should be stopping by soon, i know hes got some [email protected]$$ jeep pics :0001136745-wait:

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
Guess we in here

Attachments

·
SuperMod of the North
25,549 Posts
:bounce I was just signing on to make this thread. Just picked up a 2006 TJ yesterday and need somewhere to ask noob questions. Only have one picture at the moment but I will likely take some more today.

Here it is sitting at the car lot when I picked it up:

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my great group of friends over ... 2 of us are wrenchin my Chevy

Def thread worthy, yall are lookin at 12x12 :Laughing:

I think he likes the sticker and trailer more than the actual rover :0001136745-facepalm

·
SuperMod of the North
25,549 Posts
:Laughing: Very nice! I went out and cruised around a bit. The 6 speed has really short gears & the axles must be geared pretty low. I need to crawl under and read the tags. It looks like Dana 44 in the back and Dana 30 in front.

I did bunny hop for about 50 feet but that was not so much the low gearing as it was that Mrs. Tin had to pee really bad and I couldn't resist bouncing it down the road. :shifty

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
:Laughing: Very nice! I went out and cruised around a bit. The 6 speed has really short gears & the axles must be geared pretty low. I need to crawl under and read the tags. It looks like Dana 44 in the back and Dana 30 in front.

I did bunny hop for about 50 feet but that was not so much the low gearing as it was that Mrs. Tin had to pee really bad and I couldn't resist bouncing it down the road. :shifty

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Nice pick up Tin....most Wranglers come with a Dana 35 rear and few with the 44, besides the Rubicon of course, looks like you got the upgrade. Any plans for lift, tires, wheels, etc.? I know the list for Wranglers can go on and on :Laughing:

·
SuperMod of the North
25,549 Posts
It will be my daily driver so I can`t really afford to have it broken. I`d like to so a 2 or 2 1/2" suspension lift and stay 31x10.5 on the tires . I don't want to get into linkages and so on to correct a really tall lift. There really isn't anywhere serious around here to off road but I'd like to be able to do moderate trails 4 or 5 times a year. The area is pretty flat and mostly farm land. The Goodyear Wranglers that are on it look great but only have a season left. They are really loud too. Likely BF Goodrich all terrains in the fall. I will likely throw a CB in it too.

I am scouting for a used hard top in good shape before winter. I will also need a small utility trailer for dump runs and Home Depot duty.

I want to change the fluids in all the drive train too. The motor was done but I have no idea when the last time the diff fluid was changed.

Anyone have any advice on this? I have three spots to do, front & rear diff and transfer case? I have a lot of learning to do here.

·
SuperMod of the North
25,549 Posts
I really like the Jeep, Tin.
Is it very hard to take the top off?
I haven't screwed with it yet WB. It is sealed up pretty good (as in fits properly and is not leaking) and I didn't want to get it half off and they get jammed on me. The zippers are dry as hell. I am going to get some of that zipper lube and treat it before I do anything but yes it folds down quick from what I have seen.

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Word of the wise, tinski ... you will regret 31s. If ur doing any lift on a wrangler, u can fit 33s. As a general rule of thumb (from what most off roaders have told me), u can go up to a 3 inch lift without having to run brake lines and everything else

Check out quadratech (sp?) They have EVERYTHING u could EVER wanna do for ur jeep, and more. No knock off shit and if u wanna get stuff, lmk cause I can prob get u a dealer discount. U know how I am about saying good things about a company :lol:

·
SuperMod of the North
25,549 Posts
Yeah, Quadratech would be nice. It has Smittybuilt bumpers and rails and they look really well built. There will be no knock off stuff. I don't want to upgrade the D30 front so I was staying the smaller diameter.

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
Stage 5 tow hitch finally mounted 2.5 hrs later....lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 630 Posts