Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Gsxr no start... Need a little advice

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  billv 
#1 ·
. I have a 2001 GSXR 1000 K1. The guy I got it from had the turn signal wires hanging underneath there live they were shorting out and burning up the kickstand turn signal relay. I ended up replacing relay three times before I traced down all the wires, I got a new starter switch, kill switch, relay, bipassed kickstand safety, and a new battery.. now everything comes on.before this all it only had the neutral light come on and nothing else. I got it to start for a second by spraying starting fluid in it but as soon as it was gone it stalled. I don't think it was pumping any fuel but I can hear the fuel pump priming when I turn on and the kill switch off. But it just won't start but turns over and turns over but won't start. It's almost like something is unplugged or something.

#2 ·
I would guess if it is firing with starting fluid you have spark and air. Leaves only fuel. Did you check fuel filters? On a bike that age they may be nasty. Did you do a fuel pump test?

Reactions: rv6john
#3 ·
No fuel is passing through the injectors I would guess. Lift the tank and and unhook the fuel line let the bike prime and see what you get if anything. If fuel is flowing you can do preasure test and flow test, off the top of my head I forget how much preasure you should get (should be in the manual) but I beleive it’s a oz a second for quantity. You can also unplug your injectors and see what kind if any spray your getting. You can also pull your spark plugs and try too read them ,test your coils. It’s not uncommon for fuel filters to clog in your fuel pump ( you have 2) . It’s not uncommon for injectors too clog.

#4 ·
#6 ·
The flow rate is 1.3 oz/sec. The procedure is on 4-58 & 59 of the service manual. But there's a typo in the flow rate at the end. It's 1.3 oz/sec not 1.3 oz/30 sec.

The pump's strainer can be cleaned but I've always been suspicious of trying to clean the main filter. People claim to have done so by back flushing, etc. But I suspect that it's a short term fix at best (I think it's a 10 micron/.0004" element). Unfortunately new filters are very pricey.

Sometimes the fuel line can be kinked.

There are youtube videos about home brewed checking/cleaning the injectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.