Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been a silent member for some time however need some help.
I have an 04 plate 600 and in 2 years it’s done 800 miles and killed a couple of batteries.

I have just had a new regulator delivered and well the previous owner has done a right number on the wiring harness. The connector blockhas been chopped off and replaced with electric blocks that a sparks use!
As I’m not sure he has wired this up right as it’s killed a few batteries does anyone have a diagram of regulator wiring so I can trace it and make sure the correct wires are joined

really appreciate any help

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
Wow, first post in 8 years! That may be a record. :D

You don't mention which side (or both) are chopped but the good part is that the wiring is really simple.

The three wires (usually yellow) between the stator and regulator can be connected anyway.

The two (or four) wires out of the other side of the R/R are just positive to positive and negative to negative.

Check out Charging systems 101 at the top of the tech section if you want to learn more.

Reactions: vysie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers pal, yeah I’m the quite one in the forum! I just swapped it over and the unit fitted looks like a Ali express special buy!!
Iv figured the positive and negative out so just the 3 yellows to 3 blacks I wanted to double check

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
It is just a delta circuit on the stator so it does not matter which wire is connected to which.

Reactions: vysie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All fitted and holding a steady 14.3v at above 5k so looks like Iv fixed it. Even more happy that the wires sort themselves out lol, new battery delivered in the morning so a happy gixer owner! Now the new helmet I ordered can get some use

1 - 5 of 5 Posts