Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just put a set of HEL brake lines on my bike,as my brake was spongy.also new set of seals in to.Now I bleed the brakes and have brake fluid coming through,but my brake lever is not going hard and pistons are not pushing my pads to my disc.This is blowing my brains please help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Either you aren't done bleeding or possibly one of the bleeders is loose?
The seal kit came with new bleed nipples,I've checked they are tight.and doing the bleeding I've got good flow coming out on all 3 nipples.And still front brake lever is going all the way in.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Have you tried pumping it really fast to walk the pistons out? The MC has a port that allows more fluid to enter the system as the pad wears. If it's still dirty, or if your MC piston isn't fully returning, then it's not drawing any fluid into the system to extend the pads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The seal kit came with new bleed nipples,I've checked they are tight.and doing the bleeding I've got good flow coming out on all 3 nipples.And still front brake lever is going all the way in.
  • It's like all iam doing is just putting more fluid through the system

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided when changing the brake lines that my calipers were chipped, gold in colour.so I found same colour as my bike that nice dark blue.so stripped down the calipers gave good clean with all that build up I've years off salt .Everything back together on the bike and bleed back break fine,then front just became a right pain in the ass.ive watched a number of youtube vids,and still got same problem.It seems that the pistons have moved a bit but not enough to get any pressure onto the disc,and like said before just keep pumping fluid through all the time.Thought it was time to start doing stuff myself,now got the wife saying I told you so(take it to the bike shop).

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Are you bleeding all 3 front nipples at once? Then do them one at a time.
After all three are bled seperately and correctly, it still won[t tighten up?
Did you also say you rebuilt the calipers? I'd look at what you did there then.

Good luck, let us know the answers to these ?'s and how it's going.

You should not have to take it to a shop to do it correctly. Just do it correctly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys ,I had to walk away because weather is hot today.And got beer now haha.But got friend dad coming around next couple of days.To see if I've done something wrong like the wife keeps saying. Thanks again will keep you up dated on this matter

·
Registered
403 Posts
Tell us how you're bleeding it. Don't forget to bleed the master cylinder too.

Oh yeah, just so you know there's also a recall for your master cylinder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Started on the master cylinder and took some time to get the air out of it,had a good flow.Then moved down to caliper with big banjo bleed that then to the other one.But doing all this still no pressure with front lever and looking at the pistons they still not out enough to push pads to disc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ino I think maybe could be the pistons.or something so simple.But it's blown my brain guys .Be glad to get it sorted as need to get out on the road before go back to work.I was furlough from work for 3 weeks ,and now Thursday of week 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your bike has a factory recall on that master cylinder. Has it been done? You can look it up online. Or call a dealer with the vin number to find out. If it hasnt been done, they will bleed the brakes properly when they do the replacement. I would look into this.

·
Super Moderator
4,908 Posts
Make yourself a vacuum bleeder. Very easy to do. Parts you will need small jar And a lid that seals for it. 2 small tubes, surgical tubing, that will fit on the bleeders and the tubes. 5 minute epoxy Hand vacuum pump. Drill or punch holes in the lid so the tubs just fit, then epoxy the tubes in the lid. One tube goes to the vacuum pump The other one goes on the bleeder. Pump the vacuum pump to pull a vacuum in the jar open the bleeder farthest from the MC bleed until you have no bubbles replete on the other caliper then the MC. Don‘t let the MC run out of fluid or you will have to start over. This is what it should look like
AB587987-A107-4CA9-99D9-977B8C66DCA5.jpeg

·
SuperMod of the North
25,204 Posts
Oooh, I like that! I have brakes and a clutch to bleed. Will be making one of these as soon as I pick up a vacuum pump. Quick question Jet...can you reuse the fluid that collects in the jar or is it scrap? Assuming it is all fresh fluid on a clean install...

·
Super Moderator
4,908 Posts
Oooh, I like that! I have brakes and a clutch to bleed. Will be making one of these as soon as I pick up a vacuum pump. Quick question Jet...can you reuse the fluid that collects in the jar or is it scrap? Assuming it is all fresh fluid on a clean install...
You could reuse the fluid Tin I never do. And the reason the fluid is so dark is it is blue in color. Super Blue brake fluid. I change out the fluid about every six months In my bikes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts