Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
depends on the exhaust. Its possible that you can gain a little bit of Top end HP, but you will lose Torque.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
You will sound like a D&D :laughingr and almost no power...like a D&D :laughingr

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
you da man said:
You will sound like a D&D :laughingr and almost no power...like a D&D :laughingr
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
What type of exhuast did you gut? I have Yohs RS 3 and i want it louder , what do you do with rivets , ie: cut or drill , then how do you put it back together?

Mike D

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
mike d said:
What type of exhuast did you gut? I have Yohs RS 3 and i want it louder , what do you do with rivets , ie: cut or drill , then how do you put it back together?

Mike D
You drill the rivets out, then get a rivet gun, like $15 at the hardware store and re rivet it back on .

·
Registered
488 Posts
i also have a rs3 i wanted louder so i drilled out the rivits and made a new baffle for it, then i tapped the end cap to 6x1.00mm and went to hardware store and got some polished stainless allen cap screws for .15 each and bolted back together so now i can change/remove baffles with the screws instead of reriviting everytime. if your interested im me and i have a bunch of pics

·
Registered
258 Posts
lol yall need to stop dowing those D&D's like that its a great sounding pipe----(proude owner of a D&D) :bounce

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
armyman01 said:
lol yall need to stop dowing those D&D's like that its a great sounding pipe----(proude owner of a D&D) :bounce
no their not! :thefinger :lol:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I will post up a pic of my shorty Yoshimura TRS tomorrow when I get my camera back. I cut eight inches out of it from crash damage and made a custom mount so the clamp doesn't cover the logo... :)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
looks prety cool hows it sound? :thumbup:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
armyman01 said:
D&D is the most popular pipe with soldiers cuz that's what all the parking lot pimps use in military towns (I know...I live in Killeen, TX which is home of Ft. Hood and home of the most unskilled poser sportbike riders I've ever seen). They want to sound fast when they aren't. They aspire to want to learn better riding techniques (mostly wheelies) but end up putting nothing but crap (and bling) on their bikes for aftermarket parts. To each his own though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
D&D is straight junk in my opinion, you lose power, makes a 1000 sound like a 600, just gut your stock pipe and it will sound better. It is louder, but sounds like crap...my gixx 1000 sounds like an anmal and is pretty loud with micron....just my opinion...whatever u like tho..the only bike that sounds decent with D&D is an R6..the worst is a cbr 954 with D&D, makes me sick its so annoying......

:twofinger

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
NYC954RR said:
D&D is straight junk in my opinion, you lose power, makes a 1000 sound like a 600, just gut your stock pipe and it will sound better. It is louder, but sounds like crap...my gixx 1000 sounds like an anmal and is pretty loud with micron....just my opinion...whatever u like tho..the only bike that sounds decent with D&D is an R6..the worst is a cbr 954 with D&D, makes me sick its so annoying......

:twofinger
The worst I heard was a Katana (aka: can-of-tuna) with a D&D

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I saw this dude who put the real small diameter d&d on a '02 1K. Sounded like complete shit. He was so proud of it though. Horrible. That cut down yosh looks aight. Gotta be loud though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.