Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a buddy of mine just sold his Triumph Speed Triple that i used to spank up and down the road on my K5 750. Now he's got an 06 vrod. He's had it for about a week now and now says he can beat me. Every day he want to go ride so we can race. Just so happens i've been busy and not been able to ride with him. I think i will keep puttin him off till he thinks im scared to race then crush his 2-ton harley for some beers on him and braggin rights. Before he got the H-D he wanted to get a busa just so he could be faster. He may get he off the start (im no pro drag racer) but if he wants a roll on start he wouldnt have a chance. No real point to this thread just bored.:bounce

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"any skill" as far as drag racing, no more than looking over at me on an empty country road and hittin the gas. Or him gettin a run on me then gettin run down and passed. I'm starting to sound like some kind of squid now i think i will shut up now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
v rod with an average rider will run low 12s. You should be in the low 11s even if you aren't great on the launch.

So don't blow the launch and make sure the run is long enough to use rpms to your advantage and you'll be fine. On a short run or if you waste time at the line, it will be close.

·
Registered
914 Posts
i seen a v-rod on it was pinks or pass time i cant remember which one it was, but they run mid 13's to high 12's. your buddie will more then likely beat you off the line, but once your rpms get up there he will be eating your dust. you could have a 600 and beat him.

·
Registered
971 Posts
big bmw gave me a run for the money. i won but holy shit i was a little worried.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im sure this weekend i will be able to report back with the outcome. If im able to ride, riding up to lake erie for walleye fishing for three days. 3.5 hours each way. the short way. prolly take back roads the way there. 120 miles of just interstate isnt interesting. Will let you guys know the outcome soon

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i encountered a highly modded v rod last year.from what i saw it had striaght drag pipes, a bottle of nitrous near the rear tire, and i sure the motor was stroked, i started messing with him and he got ahead of me and just took off, it was decently fast. i was on my k1 600 t the time. but a stock vrod doesnt have a chance against a gixxer

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well we finally got out and rode. The first time we got together he had just got pipes put on his bike and hadnt had it mapped yet. So he tried to roll it on me after we left a stop sign and he didnt have a chance. I could hear his bike crackin and popin so his bike was not up to par with just putting pipes on. So a couple weeks go by and he gets his vrod dialed in. In the mean time i had been practicing my launches. So we were out last weekend ridin and we had a nice clean country road ahead of use so we lined'em up. He got me on the start but after that he was toast. On the start i rode the clutch alittle long but as soon as i had 1st wound out i had passed him and kept it wide open thru 3rd and figured that was enough (point proven). I couple times when i was dicken around by myself i would launch at about 5K and ride the clutch a little and felt if i was carrying the front wheel thru first. It felt good to me now i think i need to be able to do it every time.

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Im late seeing this post and you ran already but I think alot of 600 owners will end up being suprised by the newer vrod. Every day riding buddy of mine has an 09 vrod and went 11.60s bone stock all day. His best pass was 11.56 at 116mph with a 1.7 60ft. Hes lightly modded now so he should be close to 10s this summer. On the street he can still launch that hard, where as we have to fight to keep the wheel down, well I know I do. Signal to signal on a lil highway he takes all the 600s we ride with, obviously with a trap speed of 116 if the race goes top end they walk him but its harder then they think itll be.

The 06s have a smaller motor tho 1130ccs his is a 1230.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Whats a new V-Rod cost these days anyway? About twice as much as a gixxer im bettin. So EVEN if you do get taken by a V-Rod, you can still walk away knowing you paid half as much, and your engine has half the displacement, and you can still keep up. Plus, youd probably walk him in the twisties, not every road is straight... ...Oh, and the gixxer wont break down as much, haha!

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Whats a new V-Rod cost these days anyway? About twice as much as a gixxer im bettin. So EVEN if you do get taken by a V-Rod, you can still walk away knowing you paid half as much, and your engine has half the displacement, and you can still keep up. Plus, youd probably walk him in the twisties, not every road is straight... ...Oh, and the gixxer wont break down as much, haha!
And then when your done saying all that if he has a comeback you could always pull out your dick and see whos is bigger, or maybe who can piss the furtherst.

Im sure the hog owner knows all those facts before he bought the bike. Thats what hes into, just like my 1k is what Im into.
There are tons of things like this you can say all day(he has more displacement and alot more weight, not sure what your basis for the break down comment was, but sounds like a streatch to me from what I see), but the post was about a real race, not an internet race.

·
Registered
914 Posts
And then when your done saying all that if he has a comeback you could always pull out your dick and see whos is bigger, or maybe who can piss the furtherst.

Im sure the hog owner knows all those facts before he bought the bike. Thats what hes into, just like my 1k is what Im into.
There are tons of things like this you can say all day(he has more displacement and alot more weight, not sure what your basis for the break down comment was, but sounds like a streatch to me from what I see), but the post was about a real race, not an internet race.
well what do you think my k7 600 would run? all my mods are in my sig. im just wondering.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He's a question. Do i think im hot shit on a stick for beating a vrod? No. I am not. Me beating him was supposed to happen. Thats just the way it is. I believe most any stock sport bike will beat any stock cruiser. Its like apples to oranges. Now if i was riding an M109 or something like that now were talking apples to apples.
I rode his vrod and i wish that i had the low end torque like that. For a cruiser by no means is it slow. its just not a sport bike. I did think it would be more comfortable. I had boots on and could barley get my toe under the shifter. Also it has about the same riding position. Just not leaned over the bike as far. I am thinking of getting a Victory Vegas just to cruise and it looks like it would be alot more comfy (forward controls and more laid back riding position).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.