Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i wanna be "Mr. Cool" and hack my yoshi pipe down a bit and hollow it out (i like my shit loud).....how do i go about this? can i pop the rivets off of one end and cut, then re-apply the rivets? any help would be appreciated...peace

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
There is not really much to hollow out. They are pretty straight through. Drilling the rivets is the way to go. If you have a band saw it makes the cutting process alot easier. It is hard as hell to cut. A simple hacksaw took me about 20 minutes with a couple breaks in the middle. Arm gets tired!!! A band saw makes a better, straight cut. I did it to my quad. Cut down a street bike pipe and fabbed the mid pipe. Sounds great.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
usdm420 said:
ok so i wanna be "Mr. Cool" and hack my yoshi pipe down a bit and hollow it out (i like my shit loud).....how do i go about this? can i pop the rivets off of one end and cut, then re-apply the rivets? any help would be appreciated...peace
Ya you pretty much got it, just pop the rivets out and cut, then re-rivet the end cap back on. Just cutting it down will make it louder for you. I would try that before you remove the packing.

·
Registered
488 Posts
usdm420 said:
dude...this is too funny......i just came back in from the garage..i just drilled out the rivits on my rs3 to see if i could make it louder!!!lol
i like the sound but its too damm quiet! i called yosh to see if i could put the race baffle in, they said yes but...the cans are the same lenth ,but the inlet and outlet caps would need to be changed with the baffle..$210.00...not! only paid a little more than that for the whole can.
so i wanted to see if i could open it up and make it louder.i looked around and was at first going to cut it down (4in and could keep the tag and hanger) and shorten the baffle. when i got it open..holy lot of packing!and also the baffle is way differnt than any of my other pipes.its 3 differnt sized pipes and double wrapped. tried the baffle in the can w/o the fiberglass. little louder, but lost the deep tone and getting raspy..not what i wanted.
so i decided to make my own baffle. took a 2 1/2" sleeve and a old baffle i had welded the adaptor to the inlet side and cut to lenth, welded a adaptor to 2" that fits inside the end cap, i first tried it with some fiberglass, was a little louder than the stock one, so i tried it w/o any packing, decent improvent in loudness , just starting tio get tinny sound, gonna keep playing with the packing to see what i can come up with, also still thinking of shorting up the can some too....

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
to make it louder or to "look" cool.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have a few buddies that have 12' 0'clocked and scraped or bent there pipes pretty good, so they got a new end cap and shortened there pipes...... so ruining it stuntingcould be another reason to do it ;)

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i want it for the sound....cars cant see me, they might as well hear me coming...gonna look into it this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.