Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my 600 to work today (about 70 miles away). when leaving the house around 8am, i noticed it was extremely humid (not normal for our area). my first thoughts were i'm sure i'll hit some storms coming home. sure enough, i left work around 5pm and saw a monster thunderstorm right in my way of getting home. i really didn't have a choice so i though "f" it, let's ride. about 20 miles from home i get nailed in the face by a hailstone! at first i thought i would miss the majority of it and then all hell broke loose. i had quarter sized hail pelting me and the bike! at one point i thought i'd pull over but the hail still sucked sitting still so i decided to ride on. it cracked me up because all the cagers were pulled over while i kept cruising around 60mph. the road was covered in hail...it kinda looked like snow. i finally made it through the hail (about 10 miles of it!!!) and pulled up to the house. i took off my gear and notice huge whelps (sp) all over my arms and legs! after seeing my body, i checked out the bike and, thank God, not a single dent!

all in all it was a good learning experience. i don't want to do it again but i'm glad i got that experience out of the way.

note to all riders...when the weather guy on the news says "tornado watch, thunderstorm warning", believe them and don't ride your m/c into the storm! :lol: :laughingr

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
getting hit by bugs at high speed is exactly what it feels like....just really BIG bugs. getting stung at the same time sucks even more...i feel for ya on that one.

I was wearing my textile jacket (armor in the elbows, shoulders and back), helmet, icon pursuit gloves (the saved my knuckels!) and regular ole jeans. if it wasn't for the helmet, jacket, and gloves, my ass would've been knocked out! every time i'd get hit in the head it was like someone pushing my helmet. a couple hail stones nailed me on my knuckle right by my finger nail. I think that hurt the most! My finger is still swollen and sore. I'm also really suprised my windshield and visor didn't break.

Later in the evening that same storm produced 3 or 4 tornados and softball sized hail!

·
Registered
281 Posts
i got it on tuesday with no helmet, just a baseball hat. turned it forward and went on shit hurts...didnt have far to go. had to make it home to watch the pacers detroit game.... :arsenal they were smaller likre marbles felt like a 1 pump bb gun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.