Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished watching the NHRA prostock bike tonight from Brainerd. It was an all Harley final with both the screamin eagle harleys racing each other. Antron Brown cut .001 lights in the first and second rounds and then red lighted in the semi-final against the harley trying again to rely on winning the race at the light because the suzukis are underpowered against the harleys. I've watched NHRA prostock bike for many years, but if they don't make some rule changes or something to make the bikes more competitive next year I may be finished with it. I actually like seeing the different makes with suzukis and harleys and buells, but this year has been a letdown with the odds kind of stacked in the harleys corner. Sorry guys, this may be a boring
post for some of you, guess I'm just venting. :fu: Harleys/NHRA

·
Registered
566 Posts
im also a long time pro-stock bike fan,,i knew 3 years ago that the nhra had decided to hand harley a championship :2hard ..if you call that a harley..and i'll never buy anything from hines again :2hard ..oh well,,let them have there little race,im not watching anymore....plain and simple,,harley's are junk..can you imagine buying a new car with a flat head engine in it :laughingr

·
Registered
566 Posts
that's maybe good for .05,,,not enough,,the harley's are sandbagging...the nhra want's harley to win the championship,,....if i were the suzuki guy's id pull out,and let them have there circle jerk!!!!!!1

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ok not a knock on you guys that like draging. It takes skill to get a good light and handle all that power. If they want to impress me let the Harley boys try to compete with the likes of Mladin, Corser, or Rossie. When they can put a bike out that can do that then they have something to talk about. Just my opinion. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
05Gsx-R750 said:
Ok not a knock on you guys that like draging. It takes skill to get a good light and handle all that power. If they want to impress me let the Harley boys try to compete with the likes of Mladin, Corser, or Rossie. When they can put a bike out that can do that then they have something to talk about. Just my opinion. :thumbup:
I wanna see a cruiser on the ama, that would be trip :rofl:

·
Registered
566 Posts
05Gsx-R750 said:
there giving the harley's a 1200cc bigger engine and any aftermarket part they want in pro-stock racing,,and they do have road race bikes,,,there junk like everything else they have........

·
Registered
253 Posts
2700 cc vs 1508 cc

gsxrace01 said:
go to nhra.com,,look on the front page,,it say's hines somehow find's a way to qualify #1 :clap: :clap: what a joke,,could it be a 1200cc bigger motor, :clap:

MY POINT EXACTLY ....DOUBLE THE DISPLACEMENT...WTF. HOW DOES THAT
WORK? LETS BOLT 2 SUZUKI POWERPLANTS TOGETHER AND TRY THIS AGAIN.

HARLEY DAVIDSON ..."YESTERDAYS TECHNOLOGY WITH TOMORROWS PRICES"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Harley

It was fun watching Bob Carpenter and Vance back then, now we get to watch the marketing power of the Harleys, what a f--king joke. Now I go to piss when P/S bike is running. Thanks NHRA, you fools.

·
Registered
40 Posts
gsxrace01 said:
plain and simple,,harley's are junk..can you imagine buying a new car with a flat head engine in it :laughingr
Just an FYI... I'm no harley fan, but they dont have Flat head engines, They're overhead Valve, pushrod engines just like the small block Chevy in the Corvette.

A flat head has the Valves in the block, like a Briggs n Stratton lawn mower engine. :) :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
the motor that is used in the harley davidson v-rod does not even exist in a street legal motorcycle..a stock v-rod has overhead cams and chain's,not external pulleys and pushrod's....it's just a total aftermarket 2 cyl...pc,o,shit...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.