Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Has anyone noticed?

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  gixxerk1 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if this rang true all over right now........Here in North Carolina, I've noticed a very high rate of motorcycle wrecks lately, I mean, in the last two months I've had 3 people that I know of get hit by cars, or hit something. Myself, I've almost gotten hit about 4 times in the last 3 or 4 months, once I almost had to change my drawers, if you know what I mean. I had two friends get hit by drunk drivers in one night......not doing anything wrong, no wheelies, not speeding, both of them are seasoned riders, one of them is a control instructor. I've stopped telling my girl about the stupid shit that happens to me when I'm out riding......don't want her to worry any more than she already does. I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.....stay safe out there. It's not us we have to worry about, it's the other assholes that are to concerned with their christmas shopping, or cell phone, or whatever it is that they pay more attention to than the road. I know that every time I get on the 1k, I've been just a little more careful than I have been in the past. I guess all I'm saying is be safe, and enjoy life while it's here. We're a rare breed of people, but when bikes are in your blood, what can you do but ride 'em? :thumbup: :bike:

#4 ·
People can't drive around this time of year, not that they can any other time. Even in a car, if you go anywhere close to any type of store you will see retarded people doing retarded things and try to run into you. I would avoid areas like that as much as possible on my bike right now.

#5 ·
I'm in Raleigh, and it's just crazy. I don't know if it's the fact that there are some many people riding nowadays, or what. With the way hollywood portrays riding, and all the publicity on MTV and all that, it just seems as though everyone wants to get a bike, which is great,, don't get me wrong, I love the fact that there are so many people out there that are curious and want to get into riding. You would think that with all that publicity, people in cars would be more aware..........I just can't figure out why they aren't. I know, I've seen a few guys come really close to hitting me, just because the're checkin' out my ride. That's fine, but do they have to ride my ass to look at my shit? Makes you want to carry a pocket full of ball bearings and chuck 'em at there windshield to get them to back off.......Don't think I haven't given that some serious thought. I almost go run off the road by some teenage shithead, just beacause he wanted to race me... Like I'm gonna waste my time racing some peice of crap civic, which he couldn't drive for shit, anyways. Anyone knows that even a stock gixxer 1000 could beat the hell out of ANY civic ( and my bike's far from stock), but I'm not gonna put my life on the line so some idiot can see me go fast.

#8 ·
bigjimbo said:
my guess is the sudden craze of bikes mostly liter bikes ridden by noobs who think they are invincible.

umm i rode a pedal bike and only fell when i was 8 so hmm ill get a 1000 cuz that will make me cool.

PS 600s are for wusses
Exactly, too many stupid riders on bikes.

But I can tell you, I've never been hit in the 6 years of riding, and usually atleast once a day I almost get hit/cut off, You just get used to it and are able to watch out for it and if the driver does something bad enough take off a mirror or break a window!!

#9 ·
Well guys here In the great white it's all the same.
I guess where there are cars there are shit drivers . That's just a plain fact.They don't have the heads up driving skills as we (riders) do, so I guess we as responsible riders have to. Do the thinking for them. It's a shit trade off but what are we to do? Let em smoke us by accident FUCK THAT .......keep your head on and anticipate every thing they do .....It's like they say whatever we get into it is our faults ......I know there's an element of bullshit in there somewhere but when you really look at it that way it kinda keeps you honest and in check. Makes for a better rider I think.
I've babbled enough but all that to say ...yeah in CANADA we have have our fuckheads as well . Take care out there :thumbup:

#10 ·
Yea, my point of view on this is, Drive like an ASSHOLE and the cars are going to notice you, ahah.

#11 ·
I have always been fond of the idea Billy lane had on one of the biker build offs. The traffic cop, a small hammer on the side of the bike for taking off mirrors of the morons that try to kill you. Never tried it but I'm sure if my mirror was broken off by a bike, I would watch out for them all the time afterwords. But then again with the retards out there today you may get shot for doing it. Don't think the police would be to fond of it but :2hard

#12 ·
I've broke plenty of stuff on cars that are being stupid. And I have guns so if they pull one they gonna get shot.

#13 ·
in the past month i've smacked off 2 mirrors on SUV's....one guy pulled out of an apt. complex right in front of me while i was doing about 60 (major street). he pulled up at the light yelling like crazy so i fucking yelled back in my hardcore psycho voice hahahaha..he shut up real quick after i told him to fuck off and actually started getting off the bike.

another guy in a huge truck cut me off on the freeway and almost ran right into me so when i flew by i punched his mirror and broke it. gotta love fibon carber knuckles hahaha....BTW, you gotta catch me to shoot me. and in a car/suv, that aint gonna happen

#14 ·
It's good to see I'm not the only one that feels this way. As far as the idiots who have to go out and get literbikes, the idiots who sell 'em to them for their first bike are just as stupid as they are for riding them. The way I look at it, the more newbies on 100's the more parts I can buy cheap for mine when they crash 'em. Gotta love ebay!....... Yeah, I've got my fair share of mirror collections. It's hard not to hit something when you put on those carbon fiber knuckled gloves. :boxing:

#15 ·
The Ti-max gloves are better, titanium is much harder than carbon fiber. I think icon made them for that purpose, ahah.

#17 ·
you can even get the 24kt gold ones, haha. be biker pimp. lol. :laughingr

#18 ·
I have lost two friends in one year. I also had another friend lose a leg from the knee down. Another one of my friends had a guy pull out in front of him and he was lucky to have lived through it with two collapsed lungs and a lot of other shit. :fu: Cagers

#19 ·
yea I don't have a bike yet but I am planning on buying a gixxer. I have always dreamed about riding a bike and i drove one for the first time the other day, I drove slow up and down the back of this parking lot, it was the most exciting thing i just had a big smile on my face the whole time. well anyway, I get nervous about driving on the roads. I definately don't trust other drivers. we have to wear reflective vests on base and off base. (im in japan) japanese riders over here are craazy! I definately will be watching everyone's move on the road.
I guess you gota be super aware of everyone and everything around you. Super Defensive Driver

#20 ·
I think that cell phones are compounding the car problem more and more. Hell..half the idiots out there on the road cant drive anyways and when you add them talking on the phone to their driving, you have an accident waiting to happen. I cant tell you how many times I have almost been hit by some idiot talking on the phone and not paying attention to the road while I'm driving my truck, and I hear horror stories from all my buds with bikes about the idiots trying to talk and drive at the same time and damn near hitting them / running them off the road. I hope eventually all states will make laws like Germany (it is a ticketable offense to be driving your car and talking on the phone) and hopefully cut down on the idiots trying to talk and drive when they can barely drive.
Until then..the hardend gloves / hammer sound like a good deal. When I used to ride in NJ, I kicked in a few door panels on cars when I caught them at red lights for cutting me off / damn near killing me :)

#21 ·
Here in alberta they actually did pass a law on cells phones where you are only allowed to talk on a head set while driving. Today for xmas i got the best camera phone out and i plan to carry it with me while driving my bike when i get it this spring. If i ever get badly cut off ill follow him to the next red light and take a pic of them on the phone and then a pic of thier licence plate where ill then report them to the cops.....if the pigs dont do anything about it ill take some mirros off because no one carries a gun around here...in fact we dont even lock our doors in canada

#23 ·
Tiger said:
I guess you gota be super aware of everyone and everything around you. Super Defensive Driver
I agree with this frist statement, the second no, I like to be the Super Offensive ride, Piss everyone off and they can't say they didn't see you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.