Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt find a direct answer anywhere, other than rumors of a complete redesign for 2020. I dont have a bike yet and was planning on waiting until the 2020 was released.

So any confirmation that the 2020 is a redesign or if its the same as 2019? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,200 Posts
2017 was a major engine and chassis redesign. In the good old days of the mid 2000s they were doing major changes pretty much every two years. Lately, it has stretched to 5 or more years.

The supersport market is pretty slow right now and I would not expect Suzuki to spend significant capital in that area since they have a competitive bike now. They do need to catch up in the rider aids portion, but that is mostly electronics.

·
Registered
503 Posts
2020 what size bike, I personally have not heard anything about a 2020 gsxr, from what I’ve heard the 2019 gsxr 1000 were pretty much non existent in America due to too many left overs 2017-2018. There was rumors 2020 750 is dead 2019 is the last year I can’t confirm. Before I finished typing this I did a quick google search I found 2020 gsx250r and gsxr 600 for sale I did not find any other size I may stop in at my local stealership this upcoming week my rear brakes are a little low I could use some pads, I will ask when I go.

·
Premium Member
8,200 Posts
Interesting. They just introduced their mechanical VVT so I wondered why they were possibly changing.

Here is an article explaining the reasons. Short story, mechanical VVT was needed to get around MotoGP rules banning hydraulic VVT but hydraulic is superior in many ways.

https://www.cycleworld.com/suzuki-plans-gsx-r1000-vvt-update/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had a 12 speed mountain bike for a few years. I'll be good.

Jk sorry I couldnt resist. But yeah I had a cbr600 and a drz400sm. Been researching liter bikes for the last few months and the gsxr1000 seems to be the obvious choice 😄

·
Premium Member
8,014 Posts
I've had a 12 speed mountain bike for a few years. I'll be good.

Jk sorry I couldnt resist. But yeah I had a cbr600 and a drz400sm. Been researching liter bikes for the last few months and the gsxr1000 seems to be the obvious choice 😄
Ha!
You scared me when I started reading that.
I feel better about you now.

·
Premium Member
8,200 Posts
Thou shalt not complain. With the sportbike market in it's current shape, it's great the did the big update a couple of years ago. The 600/750 is long overdue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts