Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS, is why I ride a K5 Liter Gixxer!!; Never rode a new Duck

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What's even more amazing, is that they ended up putting then both on the same tires, switched riders, and it was still faster around that track by a hair!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I saw the first part then forgot to watch the back half.
Pretty interesting! Awesome!
I wish they went into detail how the two bikes compared on track and where the v4s was deficient. On the brakes, in corner entry, mid corner stability or corner exit.
pj Jacobsen spanked the field with a v4r in motoamerica Stock 1000 until he got hurt.
But the 05 gixxer was the heydays of suzuki dominance in AMA by Mladin then Spies followed. Although mladin continued until 2009.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
A lot comes down to being comfortable on the bike and having it set up properly. The point is most of us mortals will be faster on a bike we're comfortable on than a higher-spec handful. Get both of those bikes properly set up and put PJ on them - you may get a little different result.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Both those guys though are pretty fast...
Ari Henning has a video on youtube of him setting a lap record in the 350 class at chuckwalla on a cbr300. and a lightweight twins record on an rc390 at Sonoma.
Both are long time buddies and racers for decades.

They should have backed this up with a spring change on the V4s. As it is, if you don't know these guys, you'd think they were another couple trackday heroes... ;)

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Todd, post this on the wera forums...
lol
I would, got I am banned until 1/1/2021- unless I make up another sign in, etc.
It was for even mentioning political stuff, after they got rid of 'the dungeon'
Now there is another site many of them started 'thebeebsdungeon.boards.net'

Reactions: JCW

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Cool video. But, there is a reason the Duck's aren't consistent race winners on the circuits. They're fast, but Suzuki and Yamaha have the track life on lock...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've recently wondered why Aprilia rsy4 style bike does not do better in MotoGP?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Aprilia used to do well on the tracks. I wonder what happened.

I have always wanted an RSV4, but man, who can afford to own one. Can be bought used for a fair price. Keeping it on the road is another story...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Several of my friends I ride with have RSV4's, and a few Tuono's too. Popular bike among the really serious crowd out here.
Last sunday- I was riding with 2 x RSV4's out in the country. There are at least 4 more that I see every few weeks and know them too. FWIW?
They do seem like a really nice, powerful as hell, nice handling machine.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I would LOVE to have one. Just can't afford the maintenance on one. From what I've read, there is some maintenance intervals that CAN'T be done at home? IDK, I really don't want to find out the hard way after buying one. I will stick to my jap bikes. I can fix them in my sleep, LOL.

·
Registered
28 Posts
having owned a new 748s in 2001 i loved it and seemed to be faster on it than my jap bikes (zx7r&cbr600) at the time LOVED my duc till it caught fire setting in parking lot at work when it started raining($6000 in repairs under warranty) it never ran right afterwards dumped a shitload of cash to fix it but in the end had to dump it that being said I have been looking for another i miss it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would, got I am banned until 1/1/2021- unless I make up another sign in, etc.
It was for even mentioning political stuff, after they got rid of 'the dungeon'
Now there is another site many of them started 'thebeebsdungeon.boards.net'
Looking into purchasing a K5 1000 or an 08 zx10. Has your bike given u any serious problems since owned?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No John, it hasn't. I don't know much about the 08 ZX10,
But I know it's hard to get a better all around bike than a K5 Literbike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts