Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what needs to be done to fit hayabusa rims on a 2000 gsxr 750? and is there a differnce between the front gsxr rim and the haybusa front rim.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Busa rims are the exact same rims as a GSXR 750 so you will need to change get the spacer from busa (which is smaller )

on the front wheel you can get it to fit but and roll it just as it is but you will more than likely use the front wheel bar off the busa because it is lil longer. I have done this on mines when i sent off my wheels to get chromed and road with it like that all day long and also you will need to get the hub and the sprocket carrier as well. change front sprocket busa/srad run 530 chains and yours is a 525. You also need to get the front and rear disc too from busa
So basically you need:
wheels front and rear complete with disc,front rear sprocket,hub,sprocket carrier,chain.
Busa rims also look diffrent from newer GEN gixxers as ours are like diamond cut and those are roundish. best to get just a rear 1k wheel instead

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much wider is the busa rims from the gsxr 750? and the gsxr 1000 from the 750? thanks man for the reply. i just want a wide rim cause i go to the track but i ride my bike on the street also so nothing to crazy.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
96-99 GSXR 750
TLR 1000 17x6 rear rim
BUSA and all the same rim
--------------------------------------------------

newer generation Gixxer
600/750 - 17x 5.5

1k - 17x6 only

----------------------------------------------------
Get a 1k wheel and call it a day

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was looking for tese answers but really dont understand the response here.
I am getting a marchesini wheel from a 02 busa front wheel and I want to install it on my 03 750.
will my o3 750 rotors fit it? Do i need special bearings or spacers?
The wheel that I am getting is missing on spacer right now so I guess I can just go to a place that sells bearing and get the other but what about spacers?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
marchesini wheel - may be diffrent You should check with them ( company).
The bearings could be bought by any bearing company but they will need to get the measurments the inner/outer diameter, basically a bearingto compare to.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This wheel was mounted on a busa, I was told that everything is busa setup on it.
So basically I need to know if the 03 gsxr 750 rotors will fit the busa wfront wheel and what I have to do to fit a busa wheel on my 03 750

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
the rotors are the same between the busa (all years) and the 00-03 gsxr 750 and 1000. The wheels will fit with the correct spacers. The stock Gsxr 750 00-03 rear wheel is 5 1/2" wide and the 01-02 1000 rear wheel is 6" wide. The 180/55 on the rear of the 750 is plenty wide enough for any track days. Most race tires are 180/55, they have 190/50 but not that often.
Steve

·
Registered
152 Posts
My issue is not the rear wheel.. it just the front wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Busa rims are the exact same rims as a GSXR 750 so you will need to change get the spacer from busa (which is smaller )

on the front wheel you can get it to fit but and roll it just as it is but you will more than likely use the front wheel bar off the busa because it is lil longer. I have done this on mines when i sent off my wheels to get chromed and road with it like that all day long and also you will need to get the hub and the sprocket carrier as well. change front sprocket busa/srad run 530 chains and yours is a 525. You also need to get the front and rear disc too from busa
So basically you need:
wheels front and rear complete with disc,front rear sprocket,hub,sprocket carrier,chain.
Busa rims also look diffrent from newer GEN gixxers as ours are like diamond cut and those are roundish. best to get just a rear 1k wheel instead
Well how would I get the front sprocket they'll fit my 2002 gsxr 750 for a 530 chain

1 - 16 of 16 Posts