Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a 750 motor in my 600 finally got all the parts and together and after running a few seconds the headers are smoking it smells like exhaust any ideas apreciated another problem is my idle is really high and will not go down its idleing around 5g i put a tre on would this be a problem the motor has had alot of work bored out and all that thanks in advance

·
Registered
145 Posts
I cant comment on the idle problem but the smoke coming off the headers is normal after handling them. It's most likely just oil from your hands (I mean skin oil not engine) and dirt or dust that is on the header. It should go away pretty fast.
The TRE shouldn't make your idle anywhere near that high. I would look for the problem somewhere else. However if in doubt just remove it and see if it clears it up. It's not like it's that tough to do.
Good luck
Vej

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
did you install 750 carbs/throttle bodies as well? if not the difference in size will make it run different.

the Smoke is just motor oil and skin oil from your hands buring off and will dissapear in about 2 minutes usually

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did also install the thottle boddies that were with the motor, would this be running to lean and causing the idle to be really high and in turn cause the heads to smoke do to excessive heat because i am getting a lot of fuel through my return hose so could my pressure regulator be stuck open please keep helping guys i am going nuts not being able to ride thank again in advance

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
dumb question.......but have you tried simpyu adjusting the idle?

Lean would not neccesarly cause high idle, but rather the idle would hang high for a second after reving, and then drop back to normal.

Now about the ECM..... actually lets make it easy on ME... what all did you change

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright moto i changed everything with motor, i pulled my 97 600 and put in 98 750 bored to 815, changed motor, throttle bodies, computer, and wiring harness all came with motor , i know this is wrong now but im broke so dont laugh at this i instaled the fi pump in my 600 tank a few mods made just need to figure out how to install return line in it now( atleast i think it would go into the tank, my manual sucks) so first time i start motor with cup under return line, it iddles up to 5g, i adjust iddler and comes down to like 2g and then i see smoke and flip and kill the motor, started it up and again and it iddled back up to 5g, i didnt touch iddle after adjusted, so after it idled back up to 5g tried to adjust again and it would not adjust down so thats the basic gist of it

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Hit me up tommorow night if I am on Yahoo IM, and I ll send to a manual.

The fuel pump thing is pretty comon mod, but you need to get that return line plugged into tank. I might be effecting your fuel pressure some how negatively.

Also did you sync the carbs when you installed them?

I need to go to bed so i will have to check back tommmorow

I

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.