Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey going for a blacked out look on my 07...was wondering if anyone made the plastic covers for the headlights.. or i also know they make like a sticker that you can put over them
that doesnt affect the lighting.. but i just know they make them for cars..

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wouldn't darken mine. We're hard enough to see as it is. But I never heard of anything
+1

I wouldn't cover it, if you want to make the bike look dark I would get a dark film and place it on the light. Then just ride around with your highs on. The dark film looks pretty good (the film is like a tint)

·
Registered
201 Posts
there is a spray that people use on their cars to tint their lights, it works great. I forgot the name of it :headscrat Maybe try using that

·
Registered
201 Posts
The spray tint is called VHT Nightshades. I used it on my K5 and I really like it. The key is to lay it down lightly in order to get it even :thumbup:.
that's it ... I seen lights done with it, and they come out really good. You have to prep the plastic in order for it to come out good. You can find it on Summit Racing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
that's it ... I seen lights done with it, and they come out really good. You have to prep the plastic in order for it to come out good. You can find it on Summit Racing.
believe it or not I found my can of it at Mejier :laughingr I was shocked when I saw that they had it in stock. I wasnt even looking for it but I still bought it to save me the time to order it offline.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i did mine. it the tint type. dont remember the name. you will need to use your bright to drive on roads/highways with no streetlights. im buying a HID kit soon to help that. doesnt help i have a tinted visor too.ill post pics later

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The spray tint is called VHT Nightshades. I used it on my K5 and I really like it. The key is to lay it down lightly in order to get it even :thumbup:.
Yeah I tried this stuff and it takes many VERY light coats. I havd to strip it off a couple times cause no matter how careful I was it still wanted to run.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i ma surprised no one sells snap on covers like they have for cars... they only thing i am agenst is "painting" the head light. bec in my state its illegal and if they give you a hard time they would sit there and make you take it off with what ever you have on hand. the covers you would pop it off and be on your way. i was thinking of doing this aswell. let me know if anyone comes up with anything. and i like the housing paint better if i had to pick on.. but lots of more work that i am not willing to go through.. lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i ma surprised no one sells snap on covers like they have for cars... they only thing i am agenst is "painting" the head light. bec in my state its illegal and if they give you a hard time they would sit there and make you take it off with what ever you have on hand. the covers you would pop it off and be on your way. i was thinking of doing this aswell. let me know if anyone comes up with anything. and i like the housing paint better if i had to pick on.. but lots of more work that i am not willing to go through.. lol :lol:
There are people who will do the retrofitting for you for like 150 if you ship them your headlight and whatever projector you wanted to put in it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts