Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2001 gsxr600. My headlights seem to be very dim. I’m unsure to find where I can realign the headlights on the bike. Can Anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Welcome.

Are they actually dim or just not aimed correctly?

If they are dim, you should check the running battery voltage (should be around 14.3 volts) and compare it with voltage you are getting across the lamp. A lot of these bikes are known to have a weak ground system for the lights and cluster.

If is just aimed high or low, there are usually adjustment screws above or below the lamp assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T
Welcome.

Are they actually dim or just not aimed correctly?

If they are dim, you should check the running battery voltage (should be around 14.3 volts) and compare it with voltage you are getting across the lamp. A lot of these bikes are known to have a weak ground system for the lights and cluster.

If is just aimed high or low, there are usually adjustment screws above or below the lamp assembly.
Thank you. I’m going to look in the next couple days here. They just seemed to be very weak. I can see about 5 feet ahead of me with the regular setting on the headlights, when I flip to high beam it adds a foot or two. Not much of a difference at all. I’ll respond in a couple days letting you know. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I gather that you have H7 bulbs. The Philips RacingVision GT200 H7 Bulb is supposed to be brighter but with the same wattage. That sounds like an easy thing to try.

Check that your lens doesn't need cleaning/restoration.

Daniel Stern has some H7 bulbs with H9 burners. They approach the light output of HIR but they're 65 watts.

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,449 Posts
If your charging system, and grounds are healthy, LED's are a good option as well. They have low draw, and are very bright.

Has this bike been lowered in the rear? This can cause the beam angle to be too high to hit the road properly, depending on how much it was lowered. Should be able to adjust them down. I would still recommend a bulb upgrade, as the stock bulbs weren't very good from the start. Likely much dimmer now with age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts