Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the X-tre installed on there 1000? If so what mode are you running in? 4, 5 or 6??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No1 here has this mod?? I'm definitely glad i did it, If you think your 1k pulled hard before, Add this and you will feel a big difference.... It also took out that little bit of free turn in the throttle. It will rev now as soon as you start to twist the throttle

·
Registered
552 Posts
I got the one with a gear indicator because i have an 03'. But in the instructions it tells you what the diffrent settings are for. Not sure if the X TRE is the same as my A TRE but I would kinda assume they are. Mine says:

"-" is TRE not active
"4" is 4th gear map is used*
"5" is 5th gear map is used, recommended for GSXR1000, 1300
"6" is 6th gear map is used, recommended for other modles (600, 750)
"7" says special mode to bypass 180km/h limiter on Japanese models

*sounds like "4" is mainly for bikes that only have a 5spd gear box, like M109R and VStorm 1000.

Basicly for you, you want 5 or 6. They are basicly the same, except on some bikes 6th gear is governed to 186mph and in 5th it is ungoverned, so you choose. From what I understand on the GSX-R's the timing is retarded in 1st - 3rd gear, and maybe even 4th (havnt found out for sure yet). So basicly what it does is trick your computer into thinking your in 5th or 6th gear all the time so it will use a higher performance ignition map.

I didnt really notice much of a difference when I put mine on, wasnt that impressed. Seemed like it smoothed out low RPM/low throttle cruising a little - less jerkey. But I didnt really notice any power gain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the one with a gear indicator because i have an 03'. But in the instructions it tells you what the diffrent settings are for. Not sure if the X TRE is the same as my A TRE but I would kinda assume they are. Mine says:

"-" is TRE not active
"4" is 4th gear map is used*
"5" is 5th gear map is used, recommended for GSXR1000, 1300
"6" is 6th gear map is used, recommended for other modles (600, 750)
"7" says special mode to bypass 180km/h limiter on Japanese models

*sounds like "4" is mainly for bikes that only have a 5spd gear box, like M109R and VStorm 1000.

Basicly for you, you want 5 or 6. They are basicly the same, except on some bikes 6th gear is governed to 186mph and in 5th it is ungoverned, so you choose. From what I understand on the GSX-R's the timing is retarded in 1st - 3rd gear, and maybe even 4th (havnt found out for sure yet). So basicly what it does is trick your computer into thinking your in 5th or 6th gear all the time so it will use a higher performance ignition map.

I didnt really notice much of a difference when I put mine on, wasnt that impressed. Seemed like it smoothed out low RPM/low throttle cruising a little - less jerkey. But I didnt really notice any power gain.

It doesn't give you more hp, But like you said it does away with the Timing retard in gears 1-4(on my K6) & I noticed a big difference, Don't get me wrong the bike had more then enough power before & i could top it out in 5th @ 186 no problem Didn't even need 6th gear, Now it pulls so much harder i haven't even seen past 180 now lol....It does run alot smoother, & there is no hesitation in the lower gears. I like it, I'm sure there both the same A tre is a tre but mine i just keep the stock gear indicator. Do you change modes by the gear your in, turning the key off, stand up, wating the 5seconds??

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is that how you have to change modes on yours? On mine, since it has the gear indicator, they just put a little tiney button under the gear indicator display that you push to change modes. If you still have your instructions it should tell you how to set it and what each mod does. Or go to http://www.healtech-electronics.com/ and you should be able to find info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The instructions tell you, I was just curious to know what mode others were using?... Mine only has 4, 5, & 6 & I have my gear indicator as well.. To change between modes on mine, You put the bike in the gear same as the mode...Say i want mode 5, I put the bike in 5th gear, kick stand up ignition off and kill switch in run. Wait 5 seconds turn the key to the on position, the mode will come up then flash and its set. It says they have it buttonless because of where i have to mount it (under the tank)

·
Registered
914 Posts
i wonder how much one of those x-tre's would help out a k7 600?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just received and installed my X-TRE tonight. Install was painless and directions were spot on. I took it out for a spin and noticed right away the first three gears were a lot smoother especially on downshifts. I can't really say how much more acceleration the bike has now because I need a rear tire, the bike just spins from about 7k to 10k when I'm getting on it. Btw, I did notice some extra pull in 4th and 5th gear mode. I'm running in 5th gear mode for now...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does my signature show?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I built my own TRE by using the bugman website and I love it. I have it on a switch so I can choose when I want it on or off. It cost me about $10 in parts and about 30 minutes of work and it works like a charm. Def a recommendation to those thinking of doing it or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.