Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The biggest deal on the bike that i am rebuilding was a tiny chunk of the frame that broke off in the crash. It was gonna be a huge pain in the ass to get something made. Well i tracked down the busted ass subframe that came off the bike, and look what was on it. Now all i have to do is have it welded back on, and it's smooth sailing from there i think.

Lucked out on that one.

:thumbup: :cheers:

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
That wouldn't have been to hard to fix, might actually be harder now that you have the piece.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skibum91 said:
That wouldn't have been to hard to fix, might actually be harder now that you have the piece.
What??

How do you figure. I have a friend that works in a machine shop and says that he can make one, but since the piece that i have now fits so well, i figured it would be easier to set it on there and weld it in place. Otherwise i'll have to grind down part of the frame to get something flat to weld a new peice to.

What do you think?

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
robinsok said:
What??

How do you figure. I have a friend that works in a machine shop and says that he can make one, but since the piece that i have now fits so well, i figured it would be easier to set it on there and weld it in place. Otherwise i'll have to grind down part of the frame to get something flat to weld a new peice to.

What do you think?
Well i had the same thing happen with my subframe, and the piece was stretched out, the threads were a little more oval than round, so I just made a new piece and welded it on and tapped it with new threads. It all depends on what your piece looks like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.