Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Since last summer I bought a GSXR 1000 L1, this was imported from the states.
The bike came standard, since then I have modded the bike completely.

• Sprayed the whole bike black metallic
  • Wheels have been sprayed in neon yellow
  • Yoshimura RJ11 sq slip on
  • Akrapovic headers
  • Wheels and neon stickers
  • Quick shifter
  • ECU flash
  • Black out headlight and turning lights
  • Things to do:
    Check if i can change the Fahrenheit to Celsius and a different Launch Control (ECU flash) for louder bangs.

Video of the Launch Control:
  • Launch control
    Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Automotive design Fuel tank
    Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
    Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
    Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Helmet
    Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow, that bike is LOUD! In all aspects! I like the looks although it wouldn’t be for me…. I’d have to lose 30kg of weight to look compatable to that lean, mean, racing machine!
I take it you can be found around Europe’s largest harbor? Nultien? 😉
In any case, welcome to the forums from another Dutchie!

Reactions: K_GSXR

·
Administrator
12,170 Posts
Welcome.

Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I rarely like non OEM bikes.

This one does look awesome!

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Does the odometer display miles or kilometers? Get the US owners manual as it may show how to switch to centigrade. I'm not sure about an L1 but on earlier years it's possible to flash a chip on the cluster circuit board to change many things that can't otherwise be changed. But there's very little documentation on how. If you can find a company that resets the mileage, they might know how to change the temperature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the odometer display miles or kilometers? Get the US owners manual as it may show how to switch to centigrade. I'm not sure about an L1 but on earlier years it's possible to flash a chip on the cluster circuit board to change many things that can't otherwise be changed. But there's very little documentation on how. If you can find a company that resets the mileage, they might know how to change the temperature.
I can change the mileage just with the buttons on the odometer, but the engine temperature is being a pain in the ass

·
Registered
947 Posts
^No, it's just how the cluster displays data received from the ECM and the speed sensor. On K5/K6 1000 the mileage is stored separately in the cluster for miles and km (there essentially are two independent odometers). There additionally are scaling factors for miles, kilometers, and RPMs plus bits that determine if temperature is displayed in F or C. So everything can be changed. It's also possible to enable the immobilizer light (not all clusters have the light) and, apparently use it to indicate whatever you want. I'd expect L1 to be very similar. The most common way that this is used is to reset the mileage when a new cluster is installed. But significantly more is possible. It's a superior alternative to a Speedo Healer IMO.

I've been interested in removing the 4.5% error in my tachometer for some time.

P.S. OP, the background of your second and fourth pics above are suggestive of plants in the Rijnmond region around Rotterdam. Is that where you are?

·
Registered
70 Posts
K, you could also try out Nipponbikes in Tilburg, the Netherlands. They do ECU flashing. I have no personal experience with them, though. I came across their name in the GSX-R 1000-topic om motor-forum.nl. Good luck!

·
Administrator
12,170 Posts
Nice one mate. I tried to dm you but cant do it for some reason. I have a question regarding neon yoshimura sticker on side of the fairing, where can I find that one or is it custom order?
Check the rules. I think you need to be here a certain amount of time before you can post classified or send PMs.

The OP that posted this thread only posted twice and has not been around for 10 months so I would not count on a reply. That is a cool decal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts