Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted already but It appears one needs to post here first !! :):)

SOOOO ...
From Omaha, Ne ... yes . .. Diehard husker Fan !! (GBR)
I have been around motorcycles all my life... Have owned everything from old KZ500's to ZX11's , Ducati's ... but now.. I am A GSXR guy!
I Tend to lean towards what I think are now considered "Classic" motorcycles ... So I guess I am showing my age. I don't mind modern bikes at all but I tend to like
the LOOKS of the modern bikes but love the old classic engines.
So I have a 1992 GSXR 750. Everything is solid on the bike engine wise and I have new painted plastic... the wheels have a TERRIBLE paint job so I decided to keep these and and just strip and polish.

Although the weather is actually unseasonably worm here in Omaha ... we are in "winter mode" so everyone has their bikes torn down and working on them.
Once I get some help on a question about K&N filters vs. Original airbox.... I will start to put the bike back together and get some pic out.

Glad to be apart of the community !!

Thanks
Todd

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
Welcome.

Are/were you a 3 wheeler guy?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Welcome!

I've heard the if you go to filter pods from the stock air box it's a PITA to tune?

Show us some pictures, and welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well.. I will be soon ? I have a T-Rex 3 wheeled motorcycle replica that I am building based on a Hayabusa engine

but I also have 1992 GSXR 750

Todd

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
Welcome Sir. I to love the old girls. I have an ‘89 1100. Yes pics of the bike just became mandatory. Just made the rule.

Yes, if the bike has the Mikuni BST carbs, pods will make your life miserable. I put pods on after a proper clean and rebuild with the correct jet kit and it ran really bad. I put the air box back on and it ran great. Make a build thread!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Sir. I to love the old girls. I have an ‘89 1100. Yes pics of the bike just became mandatory. Just made the rule.

Yes, if the bike has the Mikuni BST carbs, pods will make your life miserable. I put pods on after a proper clean and rebuild with the correct jet kit and it ran really bad. I put the air box back on and it ran great. Make a build thread!
I really like the look of the pods... but I am beginning to think I should just leave well enough alone !!
I would like to actually RIDE this bike and not work on it this summer ...

Todd

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pictures are coming soon ... long story ... but the plastic is in the basement and I have been spending the last couple of weeks cleaning out the tank while trying to preserve the nice paint job... Nothing to do but start putting it together in the ole heated garage. Yep ... nebraska .... -5 degrees tonight ... the gas furnace is working over-time keeping the garage above 60!

Todd

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Todd, welcome from another newbie! The 1992 was the first liquid-cooled GSX-R wasn’t it?
Looking forward to see the pics!

Cheers,
Erik.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,921 Posts
Welcome, I know Omaha well. Grew up in northwest MO so Omaha is about an hour and 15 min from my parents. Used to race then do trackdays with TrackAddix/Ducati Omaha at Mid America Motorplex (now Raceway Park of the Midlands) just south on I-29. Keep hoping they'll start up again but no bike days since the track was covered in 14 ft of water, mud, and cornstalks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts