Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a Gixxer! Woot! I'd been away from bikes for a decade and decided to have a go again. I'd always wanted a K4/5 750, so that's what I got. The crappy picture below with all the tools is how it started. It wasn't bad. But I had a picture in my head of where I wanted it. Based on a picture I'd downloaded years ago. That's the pic of the bike with the carbon Yoshi pipe and Marchesini wheels. The last picture is the end result of a few mods to my bike. I'll put up a build thread with more detail.

Does anyone recognise the picture I based my build on? It belonged to a member here, I'm sure. But it was about ten years ago!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Welcome. Looks like you did an amazing job. Congrats!

Enjoy riding her and be safe out there. Are you going to ride track, street or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Street and track. I hadn't ridden it since the rebuild until I trailered up to Cadwell Park last Tuesday. It was excellent!

·
Super Moderator
8,875 Posts
Welcome. Nice build.

What did you do with the suspension?

Reactions: proze

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Nice build.

What did you do with the suspension?
Thank you! I put a Penske triple-clicker in the rear and rebuilt the stock front suspension with new oil. The stock is more or less sprung okay for my weight, anyway. I set the static- and free-sag and I can get it in the correct range. I ran in the top end of the intermediate group at Cadwell Park last week. I've attached shots of my Bridgestone S22s after about 5 sessions. I ran them 32psi front and rear cold.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts