Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a camera ordered, but its the mount where you attach it to the helmet with adhesive to the front of the helmet. Has anyone had any issues where a camera didnt hold well after riding?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I got a camera ordered, but its the mount where you attach it to the helmet with adhesive to the front of the helmet. Has anyone had any issues where a camera didnt hold well after riding?
Personally I'd mount with 3m sticky on front fairing just below windzhield with the tether cable, better video IMO

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
I've used the gopro adhesive mounts for 6-7 years and have never had one fail. Just be sure to clean the area to remove any wax beforehand.

A bike mount is good but can have more vibration, on the track I use one on the tank ahead of the gas cap and one on the tail. As Racer said, one mounted on the front fairing is nice and gets rid of the windshield clutter. On the street, I've also used the suction cup to the side fairing and that worked very well.

My choice for the road is mounted to the left side of the helmet. Easy to reach and more vertically adjustable. A lot of the chin mount videos I've seen usually point too low and when in a tuck, you just see gas tank and 30 ft in front of the bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys, Ill try with the adhesive and if it see it getting loose, then ill look into a bracket or put it under the windshield.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If 3M adhesive fails, you did something wrong.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an Arai Quantum helmet and the only flat surface to fit the entire adhesive mount is a little towards the back on the side where the visor can rotate. Would it be ok to mount the camera there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts