Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the first time i have owned a bike, So I bought a HJC CL-14 helmet. How do i know if it's the right size? I mean the helmet fits nice and snug around the temples area but around my chin area my chin is touching the front piece of the inside. Very uncomfortable is it suppose to be like that? I have tried the next size up but the helmet jiggles around a little bit but around the chin area it feels great. My dad's and my wife's helmet fit them both fine around the chin area. The people at the dealer say it's only suppose to fit snug around the temples area...But I don't want to be riding if im not comfortable. Anyone have any idea's?

TIA

kre8

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Try a different Brand/Model helmet. They make different brands and models for that reason, not everyones head is the same shape. It should fit snug around the cheeks and temple, not on the top of your head though. You chin definatly shouldn't touch the front of the helmet or that defeats the purpose of a full face helmet, you'll crack your jaw if you wreck.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much...Yeah i was looking at a shoei helmet but the price difference is way out there. But I mean if I have to i'll just pay the difference I love credit cards. The only thing that sucked is whatever type of helmet I asked for to try on they never had. We have to order it, or we have that but in this type. what the hell that isn't the one i asked for, or i hate it when they try to push u into something u don't want. They kept pushing towards this Solid black helmet. UggHzZ!!

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
yea try a different brand and model.

Sorta a wild guess, but it sounds like your head would fit best in arai.

Anyways...i got a shoei helmet for sale, brand new if your interested.

oh after reading, you bought the helmet? What size is it.
Oh yea, did you buy it at a shop or online? If it was at a shop, i'm suprised nobody helped you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts