Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 suz gsxr srad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lost key so i took a slide hammer to ignition , needd to get to my son it was emergency and i tried hot wiring ignition is fucked now , trying to by pass anti theft but only get lights no fuel pump ,i put resistor on bw ow .. two red wires do i connect one with my bw and ow ????? i think i ruined my bikes electric

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
At this stage, your best bet is to take the bike to a dealership.

Before you stuffed the lock, a locksmith might have been able to help you but alas….

An Uber or taxi or neighbor could have been a quicker route for getting to your son in an emergency rather than searching for a hammer and wrecking the bike. You know you’ll find the key tomorrow, right ;-)

Not trying to bust your balls but that wasn’t the best move.

·
Registered
1998 suz gsxr srad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Before you stuffed the lock, a locksmith might have been able to help you but alas….

An Uber or taxi or neighbor could have been a quicker route for getting to your son in an emergency rather than searching for a hammer and wrecking the bike. You know you’ll find the key tomorrow, right ;-)

no problem and i cut the ignition harness about halfway ... so i should take it to dealership ?? that seems extreme. im not stupid . just need to know is it possible to run a toggle switch over key ???

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Does a '98 have a 'chipped' key? My 2005 1000 does not- in 'Merica that is.

·
SuperMod of the North
28,160 Posts
Got to carlsalter.com and download the manual for it. It will have the electrical schematics for it and you can trace out which to switch. I am thinking you are going to need a double pole single throw switch.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Beware, if your ignition switch uses an antitheft resistor (don't know if they did in '98) it won't be shown in the service manual. It's sort of an antitheft measure by Suzuki in the manual. A toggle switch won't be enough.

Don't mean to pile on but Ozsyd600 was spot on about a taxi, etc. It's going to cost you quite a bit more to properly fix things.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

·
Registered
1998 suz gsxr srad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I ended up getting resistors from a computer store and put the resistor to the correct wires to those two wires and then took all the other ones and twisted those together and solid the s*** out of it and then put electrical tape around it hook the battery up and it started right up with the electric start but now I have to somehow hook up a toggle switch I ordered a new ignition but it was the wrong ignition so I'm just going to toggle switch it for now that seems to be a lot harder then it was to bypass the Anti-Theft

·
Registered
1998 suz gsxr srad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What 'anti-theft' then? The fork lock?

Good luck.
It was actually pretty easy all I did was have to cut two wires put the right resistor to those two wires and connect the battery and you're able to use the electric start in the bike runs fine but now I have to unhook the battery every time I want to shut it off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts