Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone, I own a 3k 600 with 17,000 miles on it. I got a code from my bike today. I searched and came up with a C42:Ignition Switch Signal. Has anyone ever come across this code before. Is it a Relay or the start button, or the starter? Any help Would be great thanks in advance.
PEACE
rOnK-WuN

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it causing any other problems? If not then just disconect your battery for a few minutes then plug back in, see if that will reset it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
If resetting doesn't dump whatevers then its a chance something added on could be causing the sensors to say error. That or just what the error is saying. There are charts for all the errors Should only take a month of broesing to find your answer:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First off thanks for the replies, and yes I have disconnected the battery to see if it just goes away. It will work sometimes, and sometimes no matter how long I leave it disconnected the error code still comes back. It is causing other problems, when I turn on the bike it doesn't sound like the fuel pump is coming on. You know you normally hear the fuel pump go on then start the bike. Sometimes the Error doesn't show up at all and the pump primes and the bike works like normal. It sucks because I thought it was good to go. So I Rode it stopped, to get gas then it wouldn't start. I was stuck at the gas station for about an hour till my girl came with tools. I was able to disconnect the battery, thankfully it worked that time. Do you guys think it’s the mods, (if you can call them mods) I’ve done but I haven’t even done anything major. Just in case it might help you guys (or girls) think of any thing that might be causing the problem. The bike is a 3k 600 with 17,000. I have changed the stator and rectifier less than a year ago. I put in the NGK iridium plugs, K&N air filter (only purchased for the reusability), and Motul full synthetic oil with K&N oil filter, you know basic maintenance. I also have hot bodies under tail, some surface mount front signal lights, and pazzo shorty levers. That’s the extent of my mods, like I said nothing major basically maintenance. I will continue to search and I will also try and e-mail the bugman. Thanks again for any help.
Peace,
rOnK-WuN

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah I dont think any of those things would cause the problem you are having. It almost sounds like your ignition switch is not being recognized by the bike, ecm, cpu whatever it is. Maybe a short or something. When it is running is it running good or is there a hiccup every now and then.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUADRACER70, sorry for the late reply, but I check those wires over the weekend. The wires at the actual switch looked fine. So I traced it down into the right side fairing, and what do I fined. It looks like the original owner had cut the harness and just black taped it back together. I'll try and take a pic of it soon because, it doesn’t even look like this is how the wires are supposed to go. So my next Question is do I try and solder the wires together and put some shrink wrap on it. Or do I just buy a whole new wire harness for the bike. Thanks Again
PEACE
rOnK-WuN

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can just solder them for now, but at the first opportunity I would get a new harness. Glad you found the problem let me know how it go's.:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.