Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I"m thinking that the bike I bought I call #1.0- may have actually been RAISED by the tall/ track/sport rider I got it from.

# 2.0 is 3/8" longer- hence lowering it a smidgen.

If someone could measure their OEM dogbone on a K5/6 Liter- measure center to center.

My #1.0 has a 6&5/8" dogbone,
whereas my #2.0 has a 7" one- both measure center to center of the bolts.

They look exactly the same, one has 41G stamped on it,
one has 35F?

Please take a quick measure and post back, I don't want to swap them out if one has been raised.

TIA,
Todd

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, mystery solved. I looked at some pics of FleaBays OEM K5/6 dogbones- same # stamp as is on bike @2.0.

Bike #2.0 has NOT been lowered by dogbones.

Bike #1.0 has been raised slightly - as often happens for better handling by the Previous owner.

* Since I have them ready to go to change it, I'll decide in the morning if I want to 'raise' #2.0 slightly, or leave it OEM dogbones.
It's already a smidgen taller with the 190/55 on the rear.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So just spit-balling / playing devils advocate, what would you gain raising the back of the bike?
Well, not being a suspension expert- I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Last night :devil

Seriously, I always hear/read how this/my bike handles even better (like on a track), if the rear is raised slightly. The gurus on another site (no, no that site, the really cool racer head one) always talk about shimming the top of the rear shock 5-6mm.
I'm thinking the PO did it by shortening the dogbones a tad.
But, it does it differently since the dogbones are a 'pittman arm', and slightly changes the leverage ratios as well to the rear shock.
The gurus say- shim 5-6mm/ STOCK dogbones.

Well, I kept the stock dogbones on #2.0- the one I'm taking to NC/TN in a few weeks.

I wouldn't know/feel the difference anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts