Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

what can it be . noise is only on cold engine , for few seconds ...nothing else , no lose power , oil is almost new , also oil filter is oem .

Please help if you know something about it . bike is gsxs1000 2015 , but it has gsxr1000 K5 model engine . with 5000 km on odo .

·
Premium Member
8,198 Posts
I hear all kinds of noises. What are you concerned about?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Sounds really loud around the timing inspection cover/starter clutch, if that's what you're talking about. But did I also see some rash on that side of the frame? Has this bike hit the ground on the right side?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I saw that too Chuck

sounds like a slight buzzing type sound. Possibilities could start at the starter selenoid/gear not disengaging 100% all the way after start up.
That is right there where the noise was the loudest

·
Registered
181 Posts
I couldn't see much because you were moving the camera around so much before fixing on a closeup of the clutch cover (I think). But I did hear a buzzing sound that lasted for more than a few seconds. Is that what you're referring to? A key item is does its pitch vary with RPM, but I couldn't tell from the video. I was thinking of the timing chain, its guides, and/or its tensioner. Other possibilities are the PAIR valves, if improperly blocked off, or an aftermarket timing inspection plug (some go in too deep and hit internal parts).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I couldn't see much because you were moving the camera around so much before fixing on a closeup of the clutch cover (I think). But I did hear a buzzing sound that lasted for more than a few seconds. Is that what you're referring to? A key item is does its pitch vary with RPM, but I couldn't tell from the video. I was thinking of the timing chain, its guides, and/or its tensioner. Other possibilities are the PAIR valves, if improperly blocked off, or an aftermarket timing inspection plug (some go in too deep and hit internal parts).
+1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts