Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im replacing the ugly stock side markers in the fron fairing. I am going to have to clip the harness and crimp my new flush mounts. On the right side I have a green wire and a black wire with a white stripe. On the left I have a black wire and another black wire with a white stripe. Which are the hot wires and which are the grounds???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
put a voltmeter to them. here is what you do break out your voltmeter, put the ground wire of your meter on the bat. ground, then put your key in, turn it to on and hit your turn signal switch to the side your checking, puttin your pos. lead on each wire, then see which one gives you a read out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Usually if not always the ground wires will be the same colors, so you can distinguish the hot wires. The black with white stripes will be your grounds.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Get a test light.

·
Registered
543 Posts
and don't forget, cut the factory harnesses and but connect them so you will always have your stock plugs. just makes life easier :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
the black with white stripe is your ground wire. The other black and the green are you power wires. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got it...

you were right the black with the white stripe is the generic/universal ground and the other two were the hot ones.... thanks for the input

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
clax24 said:
you were right the black with the white stripe is the generic/universal ground and the other two were the hot ones.... thanks for the input
I'm know I'm right!!! hahaha, I am the all knowing GSXR master! :laughingr :rofl: :thumbup: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts