Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is probably a dumb question but I just can't figure it out...

I was given a new bike stand and I am told that this stand will lift the front of my bike as well as the back... I don't know exactly what kind of stand it is or exactly what the parts that I am describing are actually called so excuse my ignorance..

Hooks on the end of the stand are supposed to hook onto some screws or spools (I think that's what they're called), but I don't see where the screws will screw into the bottom of the fork.. is there another way that this stand will lift the front of the bike or will not work for the front at all?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I believe you have to buy the "nobs" (not sure what they are called either) to put on the bike. I know they make them for the back but I'm not sure if they do for the front. Try the link below. On the swingarm, just in front of where the rear wheel bolts on you should see a screw hole on both sides. That's where these go. Like I said, I am not sure if they make them for the front. As far as I know they don't.

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=587

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dannytx said:
those screws or spools that you see , you will need to buy some for the front too. It doesnt come stock i believe.
where do the screws go into on the front?... I thought there would be open screw holes in the front but there aren't... or is there another way to lift the front?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I personally don't think it will work for the front. Since the back is so wide and the front is so narrow. Unless the stand itself adjusts which it does not appear to in the pic.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Yea, that looks to me like just a rear stand. Unless it came with some other parts.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
thats a rear stand and you'll need spools to use it...spools are fairly cheap

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
The more I look at it, it looks like it could be used for the front if you put the hooks into the bottom holes on the fork tubes. but I would never use a front stand without a rear one in place because you can still tip the bike over with just a front stand.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so it seems this is a rear stand, but I think it will fit into the holes in the bottom of the forks... I have a different stand for the rear.

What kind of stand are you suppose to use for the front?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.