Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just sold my K5 600 and im still trying to find out what i want to get next-- i have been reading about 05-06 750's and i really like them but im afraid im gonna get it then still be looking for power. Then again power isnt everything id like to still be able to ride it on the twisties and enjoy it -- let me know what yall think

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
750 is plenty of power and still able to tackle the twisties.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I *LOVE* my '04 750. Highly flickable and pulls like a freight train!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've had my k7 750 for nearly 18 months and i still get surprised by it. I hang out with people who have 1000s and the only thing i cant do as easily as them is wheelies (but that can be fixed with technique).

Go the 750, you won't regret it!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Liter bikes have so much power they're basically impractical for the streets. I think you'll find the 750 to have way more than enough power and way more fun in the twisties.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i think im gonna take the stretched road on this bike just around town and road trips so i may get the 1000 -- will be building a race bike this winter its gonna be a 600 though

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ya know I havnt really seen many people be able to handle a 1000 that well, unless they claim the straight aways. The only ones that I've seen really handle them on the street...are track junkies. Its funny to hear people talk about the Suzuki because they are virtually the same in appearance unless you really look at them. But back to my story on the bikes is when people look at them the first thing out of there mouths is, "is that a thousand?" Reply, no! "Oh then that has to be a 750 ". And then when you tell them its a 600 they look at you like there confused. People always get the American attitude that bigger is better. Much like trying to convince a cager that motorcycles are the way to go. If your going to go with a bigger bike with more pull or "power". I think you should of stuck with the six hundred and souped the sh*& out of it. And it would be equivalent to a 750. Or just go with the 750 which people have already stated that its a good bike and soup the crap out of that change the gearing and more than likely if your riding skills are good enough you prob. out do "most" people that decided there penises needed amplitude ,got in over there heads and got the bigger bike.
But hell who know maybe you are a track junkie, ya know a buying a 600 for the track and a 1000 for the street. So if you are then ignore everything I am saying.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
do u ever wish u had a 1000 though ?
No. and in case you missed it.... NO! And I'm 6'3" @ 215lbs btw so the "I'm big so I need a liter bike" excuse just tells me they've never ridden a sport bike before. All I'm saying is don't let the ego or your friends make the choice for you. Here's a tip: you can always put 1000 stickers on the tail. Then your friends won't feel so bad when you pass them in the twisties. :thumbup: A couple other things to keep in mind. If you're like me and tend to be a little "spirited" with the front wheel, 45min and a couple sprockets will make the front much lighter. Also a mapped PC3 and exhaust will cut the 1000's hp advantage down to about 12 or so.

·
Registered
326 Posts
:thumbup:
No. and in case you missed it.... NO! And I'm 6'3" @ 215lbs btw so the "I'm big so I need a liter bike" excuse just tells me they've never ridden a sport bike before. All I'm saying is don't let the ego or your friends make the choice for you. Here's a tip: you can always put 1000 stickers on the tail. Then your friends won't feel so bad when you pass them in the twisties. :thumbup: A couple other things to keep in mind. If you're like me and tend to be a little "spirited" with the front wheel, 45min and a couple sprockets will make the front much lighter. Also a mapped PC3 and exhaust will cut the 1000's hp advantage down to about 12 or so.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here is my 2cents. I went from a 750 to 1000 and sometimes I wish I had the 750.
It's plain and simple, they are more ridable, more fun, and easier on the twisties.
To do twisties on the 1000 takes a lot of discipline, more skills and focus. The 750 is always way better on the streets. When I am on my bike and on the streets I can't even get out of first gear most of the time. One of the things I love about the 750 is that it You can whip that bike even on the streets. And forget about the track on a 1000 you'll be lucky if you can go to 3rd gear. As far as the power there is NO WAY you are going to need more power. A 750 can whip a 1000 ass with the right rider. A 1000 is too much power for the streets. You'll never use it. I've done 160+ on the 1000 and it just wasn;t as much fun. The only reason why I kept the 1000 is becasue I just didn;t want to go through all the trouble of getting another bike, registering, going to the DMV etc.

just my2cents.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I haven't been on a liter bike before but I had a K3 600 and now a K7 750. I must say that based on the gearing/power of the 750 if I was to ride it as hard as it should be ridden, staying above 10K rpms, then I would rarely see 3rd gear. And if I jammed on it close to WOT all the time the front wheel would never touch the ground.

I think a liter bike on the street is for someone who wants to go fast in a straight line and reach the highest top end speeds. Not saying a liter can't be used in the curves but I think only a small percentage of riders would be able to ride it harder than a 600 or 750.

·
Registered
32 Posts
From a stock stand point

If you haven't even bought the bike yet and are already worried you'll want more power, chances are you will want more power. The 1000 is ON DEMAND POWER unlike a 600 or 750 with which you need to rev the shit out of it before you really have pull (talking stock here). Thats why track guys get a liter bike for the street. Its almost like with a 600/750 you have to be breaking the speed limit before you tap into its power, or you have to keep it at 8k rpms ridin around the street and thats annoying and too much vibration in the bars. On a liter bike (all brands by the way) you can have your power even under 3k rpms. Honestly my 1000 has saved me on the street so many times where Im just cruisin at 4k and a car changed lanes into me and I gassed it and got out of the way. On a 600 i wouldve been toast (unless I 'cruise' at 8k).

Finally, all the modern bikes are very 'flickable' in the twisties. Todays 1000s are as light as the 600s from the not so distant past. Its more about the rider as opposed to whether or not you have a 1000 vs a 600. And if its a gixxer thou k7+ and youre worried about too much power in the twisties, just neuter it and put it on c-mode. lol. Bottom line, get a liter bike, you wont regret it, and you'll never go back:thumbup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
The 750 is a sweet bike, no doubt. I'm one of the junkies, though. I keep a 600 for the track, and a 1000 for the street. Why? On the track, I want that racer "feel" when I'm riding. A 1000 can pull in almost every gear at every speed, a 600 you have to work with to keep it in it's ideal power band. A 600 or 750 for the street is a lot of fun, too, but I wanted something closer to a cruiser, where I don't have to manage gears.

What everyone is telling you is true, though. I use 3 gears on the street on a litrebike. In the twisties, good riders are right there with me. You can only go so fast on public roads (especially around here, our roads suck). Sure, I can roast them on the straights, but you can only corner so fast. And let's face it, our bikes are made for the corners.

My suggestion? Nab a 750.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts