Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 750 GSXR I got run off the road hit a ditch and the bike had rust in gas tank now it won't start can spray it with starter fluid and it'll start fine and i

change the pump injectors filter the housing need help don't know where to go from here

·
Super Moderator
9,145 Posts
Welcome.

I'm assuming that you hear the fuel pump running? I'm also assuming you do not have any FI codes.

If so, do a fuel pressure and flow check as per the service manual.

Even though you cleaned things, does not mean the pump is performing properly or that you did not damage an o-ring putting the pump back in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the o rings pumps running fine I looked in the tank no bubbles coming from the pump I do not think the injectors are opening up like they should I replaced the injectors with new ones too
I don't have a compression tester to test the injector

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your description and knowledge seem all over the place. I suggest either giving a better description or taking to a dealership.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
There are two fuel filters. The one you see when you pull the assy from the tank is a coarse sock before the pump. There is a secondary filter inside the pump that is easy to miss. Back flush that and it may help. Getting the tank clean is the first step,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts