Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just bought a 99 GSXR 750 with 17xxx miles for 2500 dollars and was wondering if anybody had any ideas for mods. Also was wondering if the 750's came with carbs in that year? Thanks in advanced. Here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
1st: Welcome to the wonderfull world of owning a Gixxer.
2nd: Good looking bike.
3rd: You might wanna repost or have this moved to the tech and performance section for better results getting help.

Ill try and offer a few answers now tho. Your bike is fuel injected not carbed. For mods I noticed you have exhaust already. Is it a full system or slip on? Do have a powercommander or other fuel management? If not you can check that out. You can get an after market air filter, change your sprockets, lighter chain, and then there is always internal mods and power adders. Do you know the previous owner well? I always worry about those bikes when they have custom paint jobs. 1st couple I looked at with custom paint jobs both had signs of going down hard.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to you all.

Yeah i was planning on removing the reflector strip.

But i only have one thing this bike has carbs. What's up with that.

The previous owner was a pretty good dude, I don't think it was dropped hard, he said it only fell against a gas pump. He really likes custom stuff.

·
Registered
130 Posts
1st: Welcome to the wonderfull world of owning a Gixxer.
2nd: Good looking bike.
3rd: You might wanna repost or have this moved to the tech and performance section for better results getting help.

Ill try and offer a few answers now tho. Your bike is fuel injected not carbed. For mods I noticed you have exhaust already. Is it a full system or slip on? Do have a powercommander or other fuel management? If not you can check that out. You can get an after market air filter, change your sprockets, lighter chain, and then there is always internal mods and power adders. Do you know the previous owner well? I always worry about those bikes when they have custom paint jobs. 1st couple I looked at with custom paint jobs both had signs of going down hard.

GOOD LUCK!
2000 gsxr 750 was the first year they were fuel injected.

for mods go full exhaust, get a jet kit, :hmmm: if u wanna go bike go nitrous, get some engine work done cams, piston, ect. if u got a lot of money to spend i would sell the bike and get new feul injested bike just my oppion! oh and nice to have u on the forums.

KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP AND THE RUBBER ON THE GROUND!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Someone went through a lot of trouble if that frame is polished out. Holy cripes, a friend did his and it took all winter, every day, polishing his ass off. Guess he had the time with two broke legs, but still....

Congrats, nice find and sharp lookin bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.