Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my bikes cylinders werent all firing and i wasnt sure why because i jus changed the spark plugs within 2 months and wheni opened it up everything looked fine. so when i pulled the sparkplugs out to make sure the tip were really dark black on two of em completely shot. so what does this mean and what can i do ? its sumthin to do wit the fuel mixture right ?

·
Registered
869 Posts
What year is your bike? I may have something to do with your carbs or Fuel injectors. They may need cleaned. If the bike was setting for a while they can be gummed up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its carbed, and the most it sat was maybe 2 weeks. u think i should still clean the carbs ? id like to try and fix the main problem first if i dun have to do the carbs yet because im a lil low on funds until i elave for basic training. (jus quit job for a lil vacation :rock: )

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they were firing normally when i forst put them in. then when this problem started only 2 of them were. When i pulled the spark plugs they were all really dark on the ends. but 2 of them were totally worthless.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
sounds like a jetting and sync problem. Jet your bike, go leaner, then sync the carbs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i might have found the problem. i was told its the lead from the black box to the coils ? makes 2 cylinders not spark at all. sounds like the symptoms to me. but im not sure exactly where that is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
a coil problem will make eather 1 and 4 dead or 2 and 3 dead at the same time a bad pickup coil could also do the same thing if your bike has two of them one cold be bad. it also sounds like the bike is running rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts