Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I can figure out how this works, you should get to see some pics of my ultra-sophisticated, mega-sexy, nifty bike. Of course I got the fastest color combination - The stylish black and silver. I've got a Yoshimura RS-3 bolton, stainless steel braided brake lines and EBC pads, frame sliders (in sophisticated black), a hugger, and a Power Commander.

First one is just a normal pic of my bike taken during a ride here in AR.

Second one is from Turn 3 at Barber, from my first trackday.

Third one is also from my first trackday at Barber. It was the weekend Tropical Storm Arlene came through Alabama.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tires are Michelin Pilot Powers. I haven't found anything yet where they can't handle what I can dish out. A really fast person on a track might be able to surpass their limits, but I'm not really fast, so they work great for me. They're also the longest lasting tires I've had so far. My Dunlop 217's only would have lasted about 4K even if I hadn't gotten a screw in the rear at 3500. The Bridgestone BT-014 rear lasted about 4500, and the Pilot Powers have 5000 on them now and there's still enough tread to last me until I get a new pair at the track at the end of October. I reckon I could hit about 6000 on them before they were worn down enough to be worthless, probably more if I got to spend more time riding on twisty roads and less time commuting to work and school.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The greatest mod I've done

I just remembered one more modification I had to make to the bike to make it fit me: I removed the clutch/starter interlock from the bottom of the clutch lever so I could adjust the clutch lever down far enough so it wouldn't hurt my wrist. I just stuck the two wires together and it works great for me. Of course, if I ever try to start the bike in gear without grabbing the clutch I'm going for a short ride, but the benefit of being able to ride for 6 hours straight more than makes up for that.

I also put in a slightly brighter headlight.

Other than that I think the only mods I've made have been the ones listed in the original post.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Mud flap

I would get rid of the mud flap, but that's where I keep all of my various parking stickers (for my apartment, school, work, etc). I figure that the parking stickers are ugly, and the mud flap is ugly, so they may as well go together.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Chango said:
I would get rid of the mud flap, but that's where I keep all of my various parking stickers (for my apartment, school, work, etc). I figure that the parking stickers are ugly, and the mud flap is ugly, so they may as well go together.
Ya that works :thumbup:

Nice bike, love that color scheme :bowdown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.