Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up.. So the past week i've been trying to diagnose my bike because its hesitating extremely bad. The hesitation starts at 1k rpm to like 3k, then it's good for about a second until it gets around 5k rpm it just completely boggs down, then once I give it alot of throttle it just starts to pick up a bit, but hesitates again. Short and simple, it just hesitating badly.

My failed attempts:
I've drained the tank completely, put in fresh fuel with seafoam to clean the injectors.
I've remapped the bike properly.
I've cleaned and gaped the spark plugs (which did not look to bad at all).
I've put a new air filter in there.

And nothing, it still hesitates.. Any ideas?

this is a 2001 gsxr 1000

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seafoam is also for FI, aswell as a bunch of other stuff.

About the TPS, that I havent checked. It's not throwing a code, would that still be worth checking even though it's not throwing a code? If so, how exactly should I check it/adjust it?

By the way, when I took out my air box, I accidentally moved the secondary throttle valve (which is controlled by the TPS i believe) Would that cause this problem. I'm assuming the actuator which controls the valve's would adjust itself to the correct position again?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Seafoam is also for FI, aswell as a bunch of other stuff.

About the TPS, that I havent checked. It's not throwing a code, would that still be worth checking even though it's not throwing a code? If so, how exactly should I check it/adjust it?

By the way, when I took out my air box, I accidentally moved the secondary throttle valve (which is controlled by the TPS i believe) Would that cause this problem. I'm assuming the actuator which controls the valve's would adjust itself to the correct position again?
To adjust the TPS you have to put the bike into dealer mode.

http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrindex.html

That guy has a pretty decent write up about getting the bike into dealer mode and adjusting the TPS. You can just stick a paper clip in the connector to get the bike into dealer mode instead of installing that switch. Just make sure you short the right two wires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm about to try adjusting the TPS, although it currently does show -C00. It's worth a shot at this point.

I don't have the butterfly thing anymore (EXCVA)

By the way I just put brand new OEM (NGK CR9E) plugs and nothing's changed.

Thanks so far

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm about to try adjusting the TPS, although it currently does show -C00. It's worth a shot at this point.

I don't have the butterfly thing anymore (EXCVA)

By the way I just put brand new OEM (NGK CR9E) plugs and nothing's changed.

Thanks so far
im havin the same issue with my 01 600 put the same plugs in and didnt help. im getting injectors of my buddys parts bike i hope it helps. :headshake

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.