Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just figured I pop in and say 'HI". I was on last year but in boise with my K3 got cold and bike got sold!
Anyhow Im back in SLOCAL and out cruising the roads regularley, If I see you on the road Ill wave as I always do, and if you see me around be sure to say "Hi".

Ill try and frequent some bike nights if there are suggestions, Im in the temecula area so N county, IE and otehr areas are good.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bikes not a monster, pretty much stock and Im trying to control myself from modding it all out...
had 3k miles 2 weeks ago and now has 5k, added new michy power 2cts, PC III, K&N, -1 front, double B tinted screen.
Not a newbie to motorcycles so I dont smell of squid! :D

Id like an exhaust if someone has one keep me posted, Im always looking for parts as well....
05 K5 1000

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm not too far away, located in corona. PM me if you wanna go for a ride.

Nice bike, thought about getting the exact same one but am sticking with my k4 600 until I start working again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Geez! What an ugly motorcycle! :D Is that the Lookout on the Ortega? Can you ride weekdays? Welcome by the way!
Yes, why yes I can! :clap:

Yeah it was like looking at a trainwreck I couldnt turn away so I bought it! :D
I see you got trainwrecked into the blue combo!
Yeah thats the lookout restraunt on the Ortega, I used to live in elsinore and hteres a mtb trail called the intense trail that we ride down the face of it! Good fun....
I go to school on saturday and sunday so Im pretty open all week. Im doing a career change...

Yeah Ill PM above poster as well, Im always down to get a ride in.... :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
JetMechanic and I ride sometimes on Wednesdays. We may ride the Ortega or down around Palomar Mountain, Julian and Borrego Springs or head North for The Malibu Mountians, Glendora Mountians, Highway 33 out of Ojai then thru Frazier Park or Lake Isabella & Glennville. You should go with us some time!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JetMechanic and I ride sometimes on Wednesdays. We may ride the Ortega or down around Palomar Mountain, Julian and Borrego Springs or head North for The Malibu Mountians, Glendora Mountians, Highway 33 out of Ojai then thru Frazier Park or Lake Isabella & Glennville. You should go with us some time!
definently.

I did the 20wt fork oil in the damper tonight made a nice difference. Just dont try a parking lot roeo as you'll come up short on steering quick!

·
Administrator
5,568 Posts
Yes, why yes I can! :clap:

Yeah it was like looking at a trainwreck I couldnt turn away so I bought it! :D
I see you got trainwrecked into the blue combo!
Yeah thats the lookout restraunt on the Ortega, I used to live in elsinore and hteres a mtb trail called the intense trail that we ride down the face of it! Good fun....
I go to school on saturday and sunday so Im pretty open all week. Im doing a career change...

Yeah Ill PM above poster as well, Im always down to get a ride in.... :thumbup:
Hey Welcome
Ron and I are always looking for people to ride with us.

·
Registered
24 Posts
welcome man, nice bike, how you like the 05 1000?i have an 02 600 and im looking to get the 05 1000 im bored of the 600 already, but anyways welcome and ride safe always. p.s. if your down to ride, hit me up, i wanna go, i live in ontario

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I let you know when I get my full akrapovic exhaust system. If you want my Yoshi Carbon Slip On, maybe we can work a deal. Unfortunately I have no idea how long it's going to take my friend to take it off his bike. So I'm waiting.

And Welcome to the site.

Well did 870 miles door to door sunday. Left 3 am temecula area and got to my house in Boise at 6pm.
Getting ready to head back to socal friday 3am, this time getting as helmet skirt to keep the wind noise down a bit. couldnt hear right for several hours.
I race DH bikes and ride a hard saddle to begin with + my legs are in pretty good shape. Didnt hgurt at all when I got here which was nice. I was expecting to be hurting pretty bad.
Worked out yesterday and I hurt from that though! :headshake

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welcome man, nice bike, how you like the 05 1000?i have an 02 600 and im looking to get the 05 1000 im bored of the 600 already, but anyways welcome and ride safe always. p.s. if your down to ride, hit me up, i wanna go, i live in ontario
I had a CBR 600 built a few years ago and new rightr away it wasnt enough power, the 1Ks are nice but again you get used to the power (straights, powering out of cornerse tc...) a bit but its nice to have the pure grunt of it. I had a 03 1k and liked it but love the K5 1K alot more....
If you have a chance to bump up Id say do it, the K5s are lighter and more nimble and it wont be a huge drastic bike size/weight increase so youd be pretty comfy right off the bat just with alot more grunt.....:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Well did 870 miles door to door sunday. Left 3 am temecula area and got to my house in Boise at 6pm.
Getting ready to head back to socal friday 3am, this time getting as helmet skirt to keep the wind noise down a bit. couldnt hear right for several hours.
I race DH bikes and ride a hard saddle to begin with + my legs are in pretty good shape. Didnt hgurt at all when I got here which was nice. I was expecting to be hurting pretty bad.
Worked out yesterday and I hurt from that though! :headshake
Bull, Do you wear earplugs? If not try the foam plugs, makes a huge difference on the long rides.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bull, Do you wear earplugs? If not try the foam plugs, makes a huge difference on the long rides.
I did and I tried Ipod headphones playing music. Didnt work, It took 12+ hours for my hearing to be decent and its still a little muffled.
I am going to look at better headphones and or plugs today, bought the helmet skirt but dont think its going to be the best answer.. It did reduce noise in tests (not there test or to the full advertised noise reduction) and was pretty good.
Link
http://www.cieh.org/JEHR/hearing_loss_motorcyclists.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hearing protection is a must IMO. I use custom ear pieces but I always carry the foam plugs as a backup. I can't ride around the block without ear plugs.
completely agree!
The problem I have is I have an Arai profile sinister and when i stick it on my head it pulls the earplugs out of my ears and does the same with headphones. I went and got the sony plug style headphones and still it pulls it out.... Man its frustrating, Id be OK if the damn helmet quit ripping them out, I even pull the sides of the lid to allow for more room for the ears yet it still pulls them out a bit and loses the seal on the ear.

Any tips on how to keep them in place when I slip my helmet on!!!!!!

·
Administrator
5,568 Posts
All I can say is roll them tight and be sure they go in deep enough. Don't laugh but some add a dab of spit to help them go in better and then when they expand they will seal better. or this is what i use and work great under a helmet.

http://www.azearprotection.com/motorsports.htm

http://www.bigearinc.com/home/Default.aspx
Earplugs are a must I also have the in ear monitors but on short rides I just use the foam ones I get from work. Roll them tight and a little spit is the key to getting them to seal good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Earplugs are a must I also have the in ear monitors but on short rides I just use the foam ones I get from work. Roll them tight and a little spit is the key to getting them to seal good.
Yeah I did plugs all the way back yesterday, This time right at 900 with a stop or 2.
Left 3am
4am stopped to warm hands on motor
4:30 helmet shield froze with fog from breathing again stopped and warmed hands on motor
6am found a place to get coffee and sit for 2 hours till it warmed up 28 degrees and lower in the eastern oregon passes wasnt fun!!!

Hearing is better, I did fight the plugs to get them to seal, Ill try the spit thing it works on the wife maybe the ears are a new use for ghetto lube! :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
I did and I tried Ipod headphones playing music. Didnt work, It took 12+ hours for my hearing to be decent and its still a little muffled.
I am going to look at better headphones and or plugs today, bought the helmet skirt but dont think its going to be the best answer.. It did reduce noise in tests (not there test or to the full advertised noise reduction) and was pretty good.
Link
http://www.cieh.org/JEHR/hearing_loss_motorcyclists.html
the best ear phones ive used are skull candy, they come with 3 different inserts so they are sure to fit.

they sell them at target for around $25
they really cut back on road noise and have the best bass ive ever heard out of ear phones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts