Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And im having issues with it starting or I can't get it to stay running like it's getting no fuel and is the dash supposed to be in the middle or the top part beside the letter when put in factory mode cause mine is at the top so I'm curious if it may be the tip over sensor???
Thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
9,740 Posts
Welcome.

You don't provide much information.

Back to the basics, you need air, fuel and spark. I'm reading between the lines of your post that it did run for a brief period? If so, I'd go with a fuel issue as you suspect.

The way to confirm that it is a fuel issue is to spray some starter fluid in the throttle bodies while cranking to see if it fires up briefly.

It is not likely the TOS as that would give you an FI code.

I moved your post to the tech section for better visibility.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
How old is the battery? Fully charged? OK then. LOL

Plan b, welcome to the site. Please post an intro thread, some pics of you and your bike, or maybe just your bike, etc.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,843 Posts
As John said a fuel issue is most likely. A little spray of WD40 or similar down the tubes to see if it fires up. You may have clogged fuel filters, there are two, a primary filter bag on the pump and a secondary filter in the pump. Clean those up and fresh fuel. How long since it has run properly?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Welcome.

In dealer mode the dash at the end of the C00 code is throttle position sensor, not tip over sensor. It should be in the middle at idle with no throttle. I don’t think a badly adjusted TPS would stop the bike from starting.

Shine a torch into the gas tank. Is it pristinely clean or are there signs of rust?

First thing I would do is drain any old fuel out of the tank and put fresh fuel in. My fire fighting water pump wouldn’t start and fresh fuel fixed it. I know it’s not the same as a bike engine but bad gas don’t burn properly.

Try doing a fuel flow test. That’s easy any only requires a measuring jug and a stopwatch. If the fuel filters are really clogged it will fail that test. The second test is the fuel pressure test. You’ll need a pressure gauge for that one. If the pump passes both the flow and pressure test, I doubt the filters are clogged.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Also, will it stay running with a bit of throttle?

Could be a badly adjusted idle screw if it runs with throttle.

I’m assuming you’ve checked the air filter is clean and the spark plugs are good.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I think plan b may have aborted LOL.
Another one post wonder?

Shine a torch into the gas tank. Is it pristinely clean or are there signs of rust?
I know (think) you meant shine a bright light? LOL

I agree w/ all you offered to 'plan b'

Maybe on plan c now? LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts